I finished up these belts for the car show tomorrow. These are from Springfield they were 6 bucks each I couldn't pass them up

post-16367-0-33657900-1353717035_thumb.j

post-16367-0-47707200-1353717039_thumb.j

post-16367-0-22398200-1353717040_thumb.j

post-16367-0-93657300-1353717040_thumb.j

post-16367-0-60850200-1353717041_thumb.j

post-16367-0-11511400-1353717043_thumb.j

Nice job ,those ought to work just fine at the show . Clean interesting work with good appeal . If you had my size and the price was right I would be buying a couple of those . Good luck at the show . Let us know how it goes at the show . All my best Bill

Thanks Bluesman I decided not to finish the ends prior to the show I'm taking a few tools and some dye to "fit" them to the customer. Hope this will work as this is my first show. Your thoughts?????

nice belts!

Thanks Bluesman I decided not to finish the ends prior to the show I'm taking a few tools and some dye to "fit" them to the customer. Hope this will work as this is my first show. Your thoughts?????

Not Bill (Bluesman). But what I would suggest, instead of leaving the fit allowance area of the belt unfinished, then finishing the leather when the size is determined, just make and finish the belt the longest it will need to be, then all you have to do is trim it down, punch holes, and finish the edges.

Edited by JustKate

Yes indeed thats the way its done ! I know a guy who does belts for 30 yrs and thats his procedure . How ever he uses a magic marker on the ends . Having the dye out creates a spill risk factor . If you dont have it out and open the spill risk is ZERO . I like that ! Risk nothing ,Lose nothing .Yes sir you will do just fine looks like a winner to me . Have fun take notes ,bring your camera , have more than one pen and pad handy hand out your contact stuff ,if its a good show youll work your butt off so bring a lunch because you arent likely to escape your booth . I would like to hear the details and see the pics so if you would sir please share the story . Good Luck Bill

did you dye it all black and then cover it with the green?

pete

I dye with airbrush. First the non-black color then I spray the edges and feather the black up creating the fade.

did you dye it all black and then cover it with the green?

pete