So I traded two ammo belt rigs for a little Ruger I posted way back. This is the second of my trade, he told me he wanted something 'fancy' and new I didn't carve. I had one rule and that was "no black, I don't need ANOTHER pair of boots."

The belt is a plains style ammo belt that is lined, 3" wide in the body tapered to 1.5" in the front. It's for a Ruger Old Model 357 Mag Vaquero with a 4 3/4" barrel. The color is feibings dk brown under a dk brown antique, the holster and sheath are both lined as well. I can't say if he will be happy with it but I know I can say to my old buddy Joe, "I can't do you any better than this."

Comments welcome - I don't really care if you have a critique on this one :)

IMG_4280_zps0165acd7.jpg

IMG_4286_zps458716aa.jpg

IMG_4285_zps1bcf4085.jpg

IMG_4275_zps06914273.jpg

IMG_4403_zps5c20edd7.jpg

IMG_4420_zpse2d6f663.jpg

IMG_4365_zps77be5177.jpg

IMG_4299_zpsf4aece2c.jpg

If he isn't happy with it, he can't be human. I think it is great.

Man that is one sweet pattern. Awesome job!

Very nice rig...quit giving me ideas of what to do in the spare time that I don't have!

I don't carve much, but I also don't have the patience to pound, stamp, hammer, and decorate like that.

Great job, . . . it would take me a week, . . . pound of coffee, . . . 4 dozen dougnuts, . . . and a trip to the Dr for blood pressure meds.

That's why I do plain Jane's, . . . but your's is indeed fantastic.

May God bless,

Dwight

One word: Superb.

If he isn't happy with it, he can't be human. I think it is great.

Thank you!

Man that is one sweet pattern. Awesome job!

Thanks Matt!

Very nice rig...quit giving me ideas of what to do in the spare time that I don't have!

Know the feeling Frank :)

Very nice job.

David

Thank you David!

I don't carve much, but I also don't have the patience to pound, stamp, hammer, and decorate like that.

Great job, . . . it would take me a week, . . . pound of coffee, . . . 4 dozen dougnuts, . . . and a trip to the Dr for blood pressure meds.

That's why I do plain Jane's, . . . but your's is indeed fantastic.

May God bless,

Dwight

Hey Dwight, rigs like this make me apprecite plain ones. I still lke doing both though.

One word: Superb.

Thank you!

Outstanding Robert, great job!

Thank you Josh!

Edited by Eaglestroker

Damn you hit with this one.....

Gorgeous work and wonderful photography!

Very very nice. so clean looking. If you dont mind, could you explain your dye process here. so you dyed everything w/ fb dark brown. that means the entire rig was all really on color, after you wiped all that down, then you added fb dark brown antique, and thats what got in the grooves of the stamping to make that darker looking, after you wiped that coat off?

I'll quote Dwight, "Fantastic!".

Damn you hit with this one.....

There aren't many times I'd just say I agree, but this is one :)

Gorgeous work and wonderful photography!

Thank you Craig!

Very very nice. so clean looking. If you dont mind, could you explain your dye process here. so you dyed everything w/ fb dark brown. that means the entire rig was all really on color, after you wiped all that down, then you added fb dark brown antique, and thats what got in the grooves of the stamping to make that darker looking, after you wiped that coat off?

You got it, obviously everyone cuts their dyes a little differently. I've been able to get this color semi-consistently. I call it 'triple dipped antique dk brown.'

I'll quote Dwight, "Fantastic!".

Thank you!

Thank you sire. I must try this as it just looks awesome.

Beautiful looking rig! Love the stamping pattern, and the color looks great. My airbrushed Fiebing's Pro Oil Dark Brown comes out about that same color when airbrushed with 4 coats, but obviously your dipped version would have much better penetration. Mind sharing what approximate percentage you cut your dye? I'd guess around 25%, but I've never cut my dyes so don't really have a clue.

Beautiful looking rig! Love the stamping pattern, and the color looks great. My airbrushed Fiebing's Pro Oil Dark Brown comes out about that same color when airbrushed with 4 coats, but obviously your dipped version would have much better penetration. Mind sharing what approximate percentage you cut your dye? I'd guess around 25%, but I've never cut my dyes so don't really have a clue.

Hi Particle, thanks for the compliments. My mixes literally change every time I mix but I can usually force any shade of the color that I want. Some customers want it 'just like this' and some, like this one, just say make it how you'd make it. Allows me to play. That miix is around 20% dye, I think you should try cutting it you can go down to around 30-40% and get the same colors using less dye. Who doesn't like a little less cost? Worth a try. I market this color as a 'triple dipped antique dark brown' and it gets a premium because of the labor involved. I usually dip one to two coats depending on 'look', then bath the grain on the lighter colors to match the darkest.

Hope that helps!