I have question about the Dale Martin saddles after Equibrand took over. I have a relative looking at one with the Greenville stamp on the carrier and cantle back. The seat plate says "Martin Saddlery". It is supposed to be 5 years old, and memory is kind of telling me that is right about when Equibrand bought them. Does anybody know how the newer ones are marked? Thanks,

Did anyone ever get back to you about this, Bruce? I've got a Dale Martin saddle for sale and I believe it's 5 or 6 years old, built before he sold his saddlery. There's only one stamp on my saddle, and this is what it looks like:

DSC01787.jpg

I'm not sure whether that helps, but maybe restarting this thread will jog some memories! They're good saddles, I believe.

It turns out that there's a leather stamp on the back of the cantle, too.

Anyone know if the stamps changed when Martin sold?

I think that the saddles produced when D Martin owned the company were marked Dale Martin. After Equi Brand purchased them, the Martin Saddlery mark to over. JW

Thanks, JD. I should probably send my photo to Martin Saddlery to see what they have to say. I'll report back!

Joanne