tiltadornments

Looking For Help With Construction, How Do I Charge?

I'm looking to source out help with constructing some of my bags. Does anyone have advice on how I should charge? Should it be by piece or by the hour? Any suggestions on the going rate?

You're help is much appreciated!

Im confused. You need someone else to do some of your bags and you want them to pay you? You need to know how much to charge them to make stuff for you?

there are pros and cons to sourcing out your work and how to pay. If you pay by the hour, you'll get the quality but your labour rates are going to go up because they will take their time. If you pay by the piece, labour rates will stay the same but your quality could suffer because they will rush to finish so they make more money. It's a tricky line to walk

I suppose if you work out how much you can afford/accept to pay per hour, and then possibly build in a bit wiggle room.

Having had experience of employing both good and bad workers, that 'wiggle' room could be used as a quality 'bonus'. The people willing to put in the quality get the bonus.

As long as it's done fairly for both the employee and employer, it works well.

I suppose if you work out how much you can afford/accept to pay per hour, and then possibly build in a bit wiggle room.

Having had experience of employing both good and bad workers, that 'wiggle' room could be used as a quality 'bonus'. The people willing to put in the quality get the bonus.

As long as it's done fairly for both the employee and employer, it works well.

That is great advice, thank you! I have been a little worried about controlling the quality of work, I have been thinking about sending a trial piece to find out if the working relationship would work for both.

there are pros and cons to sourcing out your work and how to pay. If you pay by the hour, you'll get the quality but your labour rates are going to go up because they will take their time. If you pay by the piece, labour rates will stay the same but your quality could suffer because they will rush to finish so they make more money. It's a tricky line to walk

Right! Good food for thought.....

Im confused. You need someone else to do some of your bags and you want them to pay you? You need to know how much to charge them to make stuff for you?

Oh goodness, I was so involved with my question, I didn't realize I'd made that mistake. Of course I'd by paying them to work!