jackd942

Latest Holster And First Paying Customer

I made this set for the Chief Deputy of my county Sheriff's Dept. He picked them up today and seemed to be very pleased with them. He had seen one of my first holsters with the floral carving and really liked them, but wanted his initials on the stiffener. I added the star concho on my own and he wasn't expecting it, but loved it. Hopefully it will turn into more orders from his department and other local police departments. The color in the photos isn't very good as I used my iPhone 4S instead of my DSLR. Looks more purple than the burgundy that it is. Any comments or critiques are welcome.

post-43527-0-46990800-1381890190_thumb.j

That looks great.

Good job! He will definitely refer you to his buddies. They love to have gear that stands out so I bet you will be having more orders soon. I wish I could sell them a holster but cops here in Salinas are not the nicest people. They are set on busting gang members when they themselves act like one. I am glad you get along with the police in your town I just wish the police in my town was more civilian friendly. If you like making holsters you couldn't have gone to someone better than cops. God Bless!

Ralph

I understand the feeling Ralph. I was a police officer in a small town for 8 years before I figured out I couldn't raise a family on the salary. I come from a line of law enforcement and the chief deputy I sold to started some 25 years ago under my dad as sheriff. So I've known him for a long time. Luckily the local departments in my area are still pretty good, but it's kind of disheartening when I hear some of the stories of departments in other areas of the country. It seems like there are way too many areas where the departments attitude is "us vs them".

Jack,

First of all thanks for your service, you are right police officers are underpaid especially in small rural towns. A police officer here in Salinas CA makes anywhere from 80-120 thousand a year. But their reputation keeps getting worse we have had police officers encarcerrated for sex crimes. Actually we have had several of them even for rape, embezzlement, wrongful deaths. Look up our town and the reputation our department has is embarrassing. Ralph

Yeah, I totally agree Ralph. There are definitely rotten apples that give them all a bad name...even the good ones. Wow what a difference what part of the country you live in makes...a police officer starting out in rural Missouri probably averages around 25k. I think even the state boys only start out around 50k. Of course I'm sure cost of living in MO is a lot different than CA.

I live in Salinas CA about 1 hour south of San Jose and 3 ours south of San Francisco I think you make 25k here on a minimum wage job. Cost of living is definitely more expensive here but a Police Officer is well paid and well trained here, they have the newest weapons, newest vehicles, and latest technology.

Ralph

Put even tough they have the newest of everything we have about minimum 20 murders a year.

Jack,

first paying customer? CONGRATULATIONS on both the sale and the fine gear.

tk