Sign in to follow this  
Colt W Knight

Consew Cp206R New 499$

Anyone know the leather capabilities of this machine?

I personally don't need this machine, but an ad for it came up on Facebook and I was just checking it out. Seems like a good deal for someone on a budget depending on what its capabilities are. Especially since it has free shipping.

http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/consew-CP206R.php?gdftrk=gdfV210602_a_7c3285_a_7c13434_a_7cPID3080

Anyone know the leather capabilities of this machine?

I personally don't need this machine, but an ad for it came up on Facebook and I was just checking it out. Seems like a good deal for someone on a budget depending on what its capabilities are. Especially since it has free shipping.

http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/consew-CP206R.php?gdftrk=gdfV210602_a_7c3285_a_7c13434_a_7cPID3080

Colt,

I have one that I use to sew wallet liners, etc. I sew #69 thread on it. It is great for sewing up to about 2 layers of 3/4 oz, but I would put that at about the limit. The foot controller is "variable speed" but in reality you have to learn to control the speed. The forward/reverse lever has no lock so if you move it there is no reference for returning it to the same location and no way to match forward and revers stitch length. I normally back stitch manually or I simply pull the first and last stitch out from the back and tie them off. That being said, it is pretty sturdy, has never skipped a stitch. You can sew with it as a stand alone, although I put mine in an old sewing table (it is designed to fit in a standard "home" type sewing table). It definitely wouldn't sew holsters or belts, etc, but for liners, canvas, denim, etc. it does a decent job.

Hope that helps,

Chief

We have sold quite a few of them over the years & probably should add them to our website.We do oil &

test them before we ship them unlike a place that says shipped from warehouse (untested drop-ship)

They will use #69 & #92 thread.Yes,a great way to get started.

The downside is the teeth on both the outside foot & lower feed dog that can leave

marks.

Edited by CowboyBob

We have sold quite a few of them over the years & probably should add them to our website.

10-4 on that