Crystal

IFolG Show Columbus - Sept

Hi - I looked at the info on this and didn't see any workshops listed (what, who, dates, times, etc.) Is there anything on that yet? I can get there with a few hops, skips and jumps, but would like to see what classes are available first.

Thanks-

Crystal

Forgot a question - What does "ranged event" mean?

Thanks-

Crystal

Ranged events on the calendar are events that last more than one day.

Ranged events on the calendar are events that last more than one day.

Thank you. Wasn't sure if meant "bring buffalo and sage brush... :)

I'm interested too,I live two hours S.E. of Columbus and would like to check it out.Moon

I don't think they have their workshop list out yet. Usually, the guilds are sent a list as soon as they're set, but our guild hasn't heard a thing.

Can I bring my yaks for the ranged event?

The Columbus workshop schedule isn't announced yet, but I will be sure to put it here and on the Buckeye Leathercrafters' website ASAP.

Johanna

PS Kathy, are yaks home on the range? Do they play with deer and antelope?

The yaks are quite at home on their range. The deer like to come play, but I think the yaks prefer playing with the coyotes. That gives them something to play catch with!

Carol is working on the class list for IFOLG 08. People don't respond as quickly as they used to, and she got a late start. I will ask if I can post the list as it is when I get home tonight.

Brent

PS: The yaks might be a fun diversion during dinner. Do they like rubber chicken?

Edited by howardb

My yaks would rather rub a dog, with their horns. Rubbing chickens isn't their thing. Actually, yak would make a good dinner diversion. Well, a good dinner anyway.

Is rubber chicken on the menu for the banquet?

Kathy - I believe rubber chicken is required on all banquet menus. State Law or something.

Crystal - I have a partial list of the workshops. Partial as in there will likely be more instructors and we don't have many of the class details yet.

Instructors who have agreed to be there:

Jim Linnell

Chan Geer

Jeff Mosby

Vickie Baker

Bill Gomer

Jeff Swanson

Charlie Crenshaw

Dale Grabowski

Paul Burnett

Jeff White

Roz Kaohn

George Hurst

Some of these folks will be doing multiple classes. Chan Geer is teaching a checkbook cover, basket stamping, and swivel knife control (3 classes). Dale Grabowski will be doing a cell phone case. Vickie Baker will be doing a poinsettia. Roz will be doing a class on feathers.

Shaping up to be a good show already....

Kathy - I believe rubber chicken is required on all banquet menus. State Law or something.

Crystal - I have a partial list of the workshops. Partial as in there will likely be more instructors and we don't have many of the class details yet.

Instructors who have agreed to be there:

Jim Linnell

Chan Geer

Jeff Mosby

Vickie Baker

Bill Gomer

Jeff Swanson

Charlie Crenshaw

Dale Grabowski

Paul Burnett

Jeff White

Roz Kaohn

George Hurst

Some of these folks will be doing multiple classes. Chan Geer is teaching a checkbook cover, basket stamping, and swivel knife control (3 classes). Dale Grabowski will be doing a cell phone case. Vickie Baker will be doing a poinsettia. Roz will be doing a class on feathers.

Shaping up to be a good show already....

Thank you, Brent!

Crystal

WE HAVE WORKSHOPS!!

Register early folks, some of the instructors have to get a minimum # of students or they won't make the trip. Any questions PM me!

Brent

MINI_WORKSHOPS_2008.pdf

MINI_WORKSHOPS_2008.pdf

Gee...I wonder if Buckeye Leathercrafters would mind if I listed these on their website? Glad you're on the ball Brent!

~J

Gee...I wonder if Buckeye Leathercrafters would mind if I listed these on their website? Glad you're on the ball Brent!

~J

I hope they will get it up soon. Not sure why they haven't yet! I had the advantage of getting the first copy since the author is my mother in law and lives upstairs! And natch'rly, I had to take care of my homies here at LW...

Brent

WE HAVE WORKSHOPS!!

Register early folks, some of the instructors have to get a minimum # of students or they won't make the trip. Any questions PM me!

Brent

MINI_WORKSHOPS_2008.pdf

Thank you for posting this, Brent. They sent out the list via our guild president, but I can't open it. I can open this one!

Kathy

Here is the latest work from the 2008 Columbus IFoLG Show.

A message from Geraldene Pittenger, Secretary of the Buckeye Leathercrafters of Central Ohio guild:

=================================================

2008 IFoLG Show

Plans are moving ahead for a great 2008 Show. We hope several of your members will be attending, and staying at the Columbus Airport Marriott. You can make hotel reservations by going to http://www.columbusairportmarriott.com, group code BLCBLCA. If you prefer to make reservations by phone, call 1-800-491-5717 and ask for the IFoLG LEATHERSHOW room block. If you have any further questions, please let us know or look at our Guild website http://www.buckeyeleathercrafters.org/. You can also make the hotel reservations by a link from our guild website.

Banquet tickets are $29.95 and should be ordered by sending the names and a check made payable to Buckeye Leathercrafters (or BLCO) to Carol Martin, 414 Hiler Road, Columbus, Ohio 43228. You can send your $2.50 registration fee at the same time, if you have not already done so.

Please consider if any of your members would be willing to be a judge or a scribe and send us their names. Also send names of people who would do a mini-demonstration sometime on Saturday or on Sunday morning before the raffle drawing.

Please let us know of any raffle items your members are planning to bring to the Show. All individuals, companies and guilds who donate will have their names listed in the program, if we know it before the programs are printed. Send donations or a description of the donation (in case you will be bringing it with you) to: Carol Martin, 414 Hiler Road, Columbus, Ohio 43228.

Thank you in advance. Looking forward to meeting you at the 2008 IFoLG Show.

Sincerely,

Geraldene Pittenger

Secretary, BLCO

Contacts:

Carol Martin

414 Hiler Road

Columbus, Ohio 43228

Geraldene Pittenger

Secretary, BLCO

e-mail: gjp2235d AT hotmail DOT com

Please note that the beginning letters of my e-mail address are the lower case of GJP and not GIP. I have had some trouble with people thinking the J was an I.

=================================================

Art

Thanks for posting that, Art. I'm the webmaster for that guild, and I always feel like I'm the last to know things! I will get the additional info online tonight.

Everybody- if you want to scribe or judge at the show, you need to be a member of an IFoLG guild. Several guilds accept members who cannot attend meetings- Pittpounders and Georgia Leathercrafters are two examples. If you belong to more than one guild, specify which one you want to enter under. LW is not an IFoLG guild, though many of our members belong to one or more of them. If you need a list of guilds, check out the latest LC & SJ or click here.

Johanna

Hey kids, classes at the 2008 IFOLG show are filling fast! Get your registrations in NOW to secure your spot!! See above (earlier messages) for links for the class packet (aka Mini Workshops).

I'll see you there!

Brent

I was asked about the deadline for mailing entries to the show and was pretty surprised at what I found out. According to the website, the deadline for mailed entries is August 26. That's a whole month before the show, and if you need to meet that deadline, you dont have much time left! In the past, mailed entries had to be in about a week before the show and if you were assuming it to be the same (like me) you're gonna miss the deadline.

DEADLINES for mail in

entries

EXTENDED from Aug 26 to

September 16, 2008

The BCLO extended the deadline a few weeks ago, and it's posted on the website. No excuses now!

Johanna

Thanks for that update Johanna. I didn't see it when I checked yesterday. There was no way I was going to get anything there by the 26th. The new date gives me some hope of making it :thankyou:

Clay this is from their website:

DEADLINES for mail in

entries

EXTENDED from Aug 26 to

September 16, 2008

Get your entry to

Columbus- no excuses

now! :)

http://buckeyeleathercrafters.org/IFoLG%20Show.html

URGENT UPDATE:

3 instructors have cancelled. Buckeye should be posting something soon, but here's the info:

Dale Grabowski, Paul Burnett, and Vicki Baker can't make the show at all.

Chan Geer, who often has head count requirements has said he is coming! Good news for late signer-uppers who want to take one of Chan's classes.

IF YOU ARE COMING AND HAVE NOT SIGNED UP PLEASE DO IT NOW!!! The instructors really need to know how many are coming!

Brent

It is not too late! Classes have been filling up in the last couple of weeks as everyone has waited until the last minute. No other cancelled classes at this time, so hurry! Get your class request in to Carol ASAP and you can bring your money to the show.

See you there!

Brent

URGENT UPDATE:

3 instructors have cancelled. Buckeye should be posting something soon, but here's the info:

Dale Grabowski, Paul Burnett, and Vicki Baker can't make the show at all.

Chan Geer, who often has head count requirements has said he is coming! Good news for late signer-uppers who want to take one of Chan's classes.

IF YOU ARE COMING AND HAVE NOT SIGNED UP PLEASE DO IT NOW!!! The instructors really need to know how many are coming!

Brent