This is the first time I've ever posted photo's on any forum......but I'm pretty happy with this holster. A friend of mine asked me to make it for him. Him being a southpaw like myself, I extended the reinforcement up to cover the safety on the firearm. I've found that carrying a 1911 cocked and lock on the left side, it has happened that I've bumped the safety and disengaged it......not good. So, I decided to cover it. Anyway, the holster is saddle tan, sealed with satin sheen and finished with Aussie leather conditioner. I line the sweat guard on my holsters with a layer of leather because I don't like the look of the flesh side exposed to view. Just me! I use a Cobra class 4 from Steve at Leather Machine Co......what a good guy and awesome machine. The thread is bonded nylon in Brown. I added a little free style design on the reinforcement and sweat guard using a stitching groover.

Thanks for looking and any comments good, bad or ugly are appreciated! :-)post-18770-0-53641500-1389042775_thumb.j

I think it looks pretty nice. Molding and stitching are great. If it was my job, I would stop the design element at the stitching. otherwise it's very nice. Rob

Thanks for the comment on the stitching. Looking at it closer......it is kinda busy! Appreciate that!

:16: Stopping the design before the stitching. Nice work!

Very clean. I like it. I kinda like the lines going past the stictching but that is just me. But it is a very nice holster

Thank you all for the replies! Always good to hear different views.

Don

I like the grooves myself but it could easily become too much.