hivemind

Double Meander Stamp

Went to the local ren fair today, there's a booth there with a couple guys who do some neat stuff, and it's actual leather work - they're stamping by hand right there in front of you, no "genuine leather" garbage at all anywhere. They do some neat acorn pouches with cobbled edges, some leather barrettes, and a bunch of belts. Most of their stuff is pretty nicely tooled and stamped, good solid professional work all around.

Anyways, they had some belts with a meander down the middle of them, selling them for $45. That seemed a little low for all the work that goes into stamping three or four feet of beautifully straight meander, and I said so to them. The guy grinned at me, and went back to the other guy's bench, and picked up one of his stamps, and handed it to me.

It was a double meander stamp, with one repetition of both sides on one stamp. I'd never seen such a thing before. He said he got it from an old-timer that was retiring for health reasons.

Where the hell do I find one of these gems (other than waiting for people to die and pass them on)?