Andrew Chee

American Hand Crank Leather Splitter - $650

Hello all. I have an American hand crank leather splitter for sale. I just recently bought a wider Cobra splitter so I don't have any need for this one anymore. It is in excellent working condition. I stripped it down and cleaned it up when I first purchased it and it is now adjusted and splitting well.

The splitter comes with the original blade as well as a brand new one. Both have been professionally sharpened.

I live in the SF Bay area and would prefer to sell locally to avoid the hassle of shipping something this big but I will entertain shipping if this doesn't sell locally.

Please PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Andrewpost-19812-0-10442400-1392518677_thumb.jpost-19812-0-99670400-1392518678_thumb.jpost-19812-0-14892300-1392518680_thumb.j

Edited by Andrew Chee

Andrew, have you sold the American splitter, or is it still available?

Andrew, if you sell it and have to ship it, be sure to take the adjustment handle off before you package it up. They usually brake off if not packaged and braced correctly.

Bob

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I will also be posting a cobra 14" fixed blade crank splitter up for sale in the near future if you're interested in that.

Andrew

This splitter is still for sale. I am now willing to ship it if you pay for packing and shipping (it would be whatever UPS charges for packing, insuring, and shipping). Thanks.

Andrew

Andrew, what is the usable width of the blade?

I am trying to come up with enough money to buy the splitter and have it shipped. Can you get an estimate for shipping to 48509 (a commercial building)?

The blade width is 6" but the effective width is probably 5-1/2" to 5-3/4" not exactly sure. I'll look into shipping and packing and let you know.

Andrew

I'd be interested in the cobra- aramon022@aol.com

Both of his splitters have been sold.