esantoro

LCI Edge Coating

I had posted pictures of LCI's edge coatings but the labeling of colors was not clear or nonexistent. I have now edited the pictures so that the name of the color is clearly labeled in the picture itself.

My stock includes: LCI Black, LCI Calf Tan, LCI Amber #195, and LCI Dark Brown. I'm in the process of getting the DYO Dark Brown.

Ed

lciblack1.jpg

lcichestnut.jpg

lcidkbrown.jpg

lcimedbrown.jpg

LCItan.jpg

dyodb_lcidb.jpg

post-853-1213659903_thumb.jpg

post-853-1213659937_thumb.jpg

post-853-1213659970_thumb.jpg

post-853-1213659995_thumb.jpg

post-853-1213660020_thumb.jpg

post-853-1213660313_thumb.jpg

Edited by esantoro

I had been wanting to experiment with mixing these colors to get the exact shade I want.

I mixed @ tsp. of amber with @ five drops of black and got a better matching color for W&C med brown bridle leather. Pics will come later in the week.

ed

my question is how do the hold up to regular use? the colors look nice.

my question is how do the hold up to regular use? the colors look nice.

I would say the coating holds up better than the Fiebings does. Here's a bag recently finished with the edges done up with the LCI edge finish.

Ed

17brnbot.jpg

17brnmav.jpg

post-853-1213985575_thumb.jpg

post-853-1213985588_thumb.jpg

Ed the edging looks great. i like the looks.

Ed the edging looks great. i like the looks.

Thanks, Luke. I'm still waiting for LCI to send me the dark chocolate brown. I'll be stocking both browns.

Ed

Very nice! Might I ask what type of leather you used? I'd like to make a watch strap out of the same stuff. Is that machine or hand stitched?

Thanks,

Brent

Very nice! Might I ask what type of leather you used? I'd like to make a watch strap out of the same stuff. Is that machine or hand stitched?

Thanks,

Brent

This bag is made of 5/6 oiled chrome tanned leather. High stress areas -- corners, joints, seam ends, handle, dees, strap retainers -- are hand stitched, about 40 percent of the total stitching. The rest is machine stitched.

ed

since lci doesn't sell to small timers like me and weaver only sells their similar product(from i have read its similar) only to registered businesses is there somewhere else i could find a similar edge paint.?

i really like the fact it comes in different colors i assume like me most people like using leather colors other than brown or black.