clicker

Custom Clicker Dies

Hello all, I'd just like to share my new website and offer my services as well.

Please see us at http://www.pro-dies.com we also have simple Facebook as well PRO-Dies mfg.

post-12460-0-11023600-1417749506_thumb.j

post-12460-0-33409700-1417749528_thumb.j

post-12460-0-27977300-1417749564_thumb.j

Nice work as we are alway,s ordering up die's we will keep you in mind..

So far I have ordered one custom die from a company that warns their dies are very sharp. After trying it and realizing it would not cut melted butter until I sharpened it, I am looking for another source. When the time comes and it will, I will keep you in mind.

I've also had trouble getting brand new tools that were extremely dull. I'd read the same thing about certain clicker die manufacturers. Hopefully, these will be sharp and ready to use upon receipt...if so, I will strongly consider ordering from the OP. I'd like to get some mallet dies...can't justify the expense of a press yet.

I am always asked for die resources. I will put you on the list. Good luck

Thank you guys very much, I wont let you down.

My rule comes presharpened and I STILL run a sharpener across it before I begin bending. We also try to test punch as many new dies as we can as well.

Ok I did need a die made and gave www.pro-dies.com a die to make for us.. I am very happy with the die that he made for us. Great service,and exactly what we were expecting.. Thank you very much, you will have all of our business..

The web site no longer valid? Doesn't work as of 1/8/16

he was selling his business so he may have deactivated his website, he had it listed here for sale.

That's a shame. I have several of his dies & they're outstanding.

Global Die in Auburn Maine specialize in mallet dies and clicker dies.

30 + years experience.

My name is Craig McLeod account manager

email me at quotes@globaldie.com with your drawing and receive a quote that same day.

Competitive pricing

pro-dies doesn't exist, and globaldie doesn't respond.

Wonderful.

Appreciate the link.  But, sadly I have no canadian currency ;)   WHY do none of these sites say what file types are acceptable?  Doesn't seem like saying "send us .ai" or "we need .dxf" would be a security threat!

I'd put a list of where to go for these dies, but until I've actually ordered from a company I don't want to look like I'm endorsing them.  And if I put up a list of those I haven't used, then I gotta put on something about disclaimers 'n' such....

STILL, might be somebody here who can use that very clear, concise, accurate information --- so -- SERIOUSLY -- I appreciate the link.

Edited by JLSleather

Texas custom Dies has a banner right at the top of the page.

RIght. But willingness to pay for advertising does not make one the 'guy' for the job ;)

Yeah, perhaps I'll just cut by hand (some more).  While I would love to click out parts, it seems most are content with "about so much", or "somewhere around here".  I understand that metal generally contracts when cooling (from a process such as welding). But if you know that, then ALLOW for that.

I don't want dies that are "about like this" or "sorta" something.  I just got email from yet another place. I sent a drawing and asked for a price and a level of precision.  I got a price I thought was maybe a hair high, but no "acceptable" precision. :dunno:

I didn't find any company called "progressive".  Just a bunch of info about what a progressive die is -- and I do know what a progressive die is --- I used to design some of them.

Zlatko (the owner of Economy Dies) is an old school, European die maker.  He prefers that you make templates and snail mail them to him....back comes great dies.

heh heh... I would think most people that know the difference between an .ai file or a .dxf can handle minor currency exchange? ;)

2 minutes ago, Sonydaze said:

Zlatko (the owner of Economy Dies) is an old school, European die maker.  He prefers that you make templates and snail mail them to him....back comes great dies.

heh heh... I would think most people that know the difference between an .ai file or a .dxf can handle minor currency exchange? ;)

Fair enough on teh exchange rates. ;)

Now if I could figure out the snail mail thingy!

1 hour ago, JLSleather said:

Fair enough on teh exchange rates. ;)

Now if I could figure out the snail mail thingy!

Thanks for the chuckle!

Okay, so to start a 'collection' of possible sources ... :

Still haven't contacted ALL these people. Did get another estimate back.  $150 seems a bit steep for a fairly simple holster blank die, but I guess if that's what ya gotta spend to git'er done right .... 

Best die and service for your money---------------

intdieco.com

Thanks, Pt... adding that to the list.  I did get a response from Allison at Progressive Service Die Co... no estimate yet as I didnt' specify die height.  My mistake.

Okay, so to start a 'collection' of possible sources ... :

Edited by JLSleather

Ordered a couple from Intl.  Friendly lady obviously has some real knowledge of the process.