Tina

....and Something Completly Different

I just got this horse head cover of the bench and I can't wait to get it to granddaughters horse and try it out :-)

This time I have been using old Tandy antiquing, more or less as paint due to the fact it makes it look very old if used on untreadted leather. Most details have a acrylic bronze color. I added a concho, some spikes and some other metal details.

Ohhh I forgott...Of course there's some of my swirls again *LOL*

post-5624-071607200 1300810007_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tina

Tina,

That is certainly neat. :innocent: Didn't notice any swirls....;)

Regards,

Ben

*LMAO* Yeah right :-)

Once again, I stand in Awe. Your work is absolutely stunning.

I will get into the carving one day instead of just building plain items that serve their purpose

Now just to find the time to practice.

:) That's cool! You have to get some pictures of it on the horse! Excellent job!

Crystal

Very very nice! but of course, everything you do is beautiful.

Wonderful colors and antiquing...but it could really use some more swirls. :P

You've made an amazing champron. now your grand daughter's horse needs full barding. Then you'll have to make her a leather riding costume. So much work! but what a fantastic sight that would be.

ken

That's pretty darn cool looking. Please post a picture of it on the horse when you get a chance.

...Now just to find the time to practice.

I'm sure you will find it great fun and it does ad interestin details to any object :-)

:) That's cool! You have to get some pictures of it on the horse! Excellent job!

Absolutly...I have made an apointment later on this week, lets hope the weather let's me take nice pictures.

Wonderful colors and antiquing...but it could really use some more swirls. :P

You've made an amazing champron. now your grand daughter's horse needs full barding. Then you'll have to make her a leather riding costume. So much work! but what a fantastic sight that would be.

More swirls??? Are you sure??? *LOL*

A full horse costume, that would be something. I wish I had a sponsor of the leather *sighing*

That's pretty darn cool looking. Please post a picture of it on the horse when you get a chance.

Absolutly, as soon as I can...I did meassure the horse (with pen and paper in the stable) before doing the thingie but it's always nerv wracking before you actually can see it works.

I'd love to see a picture of this on the horse! Spectacular!

Very nice, the carving/stamping is awesome and the finish is absolutely amazing.

Tina,

Very cool! I am in awe!

Tina, your work never ceases to amaze and inspire me! Love it.

Cheers,

Andy

P.S.

Is all the color acrylic paint (reds and golds)? Or do you use dye for those areas too?

Edited by AndyL1

Wow, Thanks a Million guy's and girl's for All you very nice comments :-)

I made some changes to one of the pictures and added some text for those of you who is interested in what color and where I used them. I can also say that the metalic bronze color is not as flat as it is shown on the picture, in real life it's very vivid and alive. I hope this answers some questions :-)

post-5624-059716900 1300868970_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tina

That, is most awesome! And would be the envy of many a renn faire rider I'm sure!

No doubt you have a eye for details ......paterns so well put together....A true artist, I had a hard time stopping myself from starring at it.

Simply beautiful work.

I agree, pics with it on the horse would be real nice.

Thanks guys :-)

I do have a date with a horse today, still hoping the weather will hold up for nice pictures...Were having it real windy here *grrrr*

I just posted up some horse pictures in a new topic: http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=30795