TimberWolf

Problem- Artisan 3000 Needle Bar Stuck

I'm clueless.

Here is what happened: Artisan Toro 3000

rewound a couple bobbins- seemed normal.

Rethreaded machine and tested stitch on scrap. Went to pull out- noticed the bottom thread was piled up /jammed. Removed the leather/thread and tried turning the wheel by hand...it got harder to turn and then finally the needle bar is stck in the down position. Won't move now.

(the bobbin thread spool was removed and I pulled the thread back out of the needle before turning it, so there is nothing jammed in the hook assembly, etc.)

The wheel can be turned freely at this point, but the needle bar is stuck where it is- won't budge.

Anyone have an idea? Been using this machine for almost three years- first time this has happened.

Thanks

Tim

Edited by TimberWolf

Hi Tim,

Being it is 9:00 am Monday in LA, I assume you are calling Artisan.

My first question IS:

Is the shaft turning at all or is the handwheel just spinning on the shaft. You may have to take some covers off or look up into the machine to determine that. I suspect you have a jam-up of thread in the shuttle race, that can lock things up like a ..... well you know. I hope it is just the wheel spinning on the shaft and the shuttle is bound up, otherwise something severe might have happened. You will have to remove the shuttle to at least look for something jamming it.

Grab the video that come with the machine, it will show you how to remove the shuttle, and more importantly, how to put it back in.

Art

I'm clueless.

Here is what happened: Artisan Toro 3000

rewound a couple bobbins- seemed normal.

Rethreaded machine and tested stitch on scrap. Went to pull out- noticed the bottom thread was piled up /jammed. Removed the leather/thread and tried turning the wheel by hand...it got harder to turn and then finally the needle bar is stck in the down position. Won't move now.

(the bobbin thread spool was removed and I pulled the thread back out of the needle before turning it, so there is nothing jammed in the hook assembly, etc.)

The wheel can be turned freely at this point, but the needle bar is stuck where it is- won't budge.

Anyone have an idea? Been using this machine for almost three years- first time this has happened.

Thanks

Tim

Hi Tim,

Being it is 9:00 am Monday in LA, I assume you are calling Artisan.

My first question IS:

Is the shaft turning at all or is the handwheel just spinning on the shaft. You may have to take some covers off or look up into the machine to determine that. I suspect you have a jam-up of thread in the shuttle race, that can lock things up like a ..... well you know. I hope it is just the wheel spinning on the shaft and the shuttle is bound up, otherwise something severe might have happened. You will have to remove the shuttle to at least look for something jamming it.

Grab the video that come with the machine, it will show you how to remove the shuttle, and more importantly, how to put it back in.

Art

Thanks, Art. Yes, I contacted David at Artisan, and he has been of great help. Thier customer service is top rate! T

The wheel was spinning on the main shaft, and the needle bar seemed to have gotten in the wrong position to a very slight degree. David walked me through a few procedures and I am confident my machine will be back in business in short order.

Tim

Thanks, Art. Yes, I contacted David at Artisan, and he has been of great help. Thier customer service is top rate! T

The wheel was spinning on the main shaft, and the needle bar seemed to have gotten in the wrong position to a very slight degree. David walked me through a few procedures and I am confident my machine will be back in business in short order.

Tim

HI Tim, if you are still having problems, you are welcome to give me a call at 1-866-962-9880, thanks, Steve