ChaseK

New Central Florida Member

Hello everybody,

My name is Chase, I'm 19, and currently living in florida. I got into leatherwork via costuming. I'm a huge geek, my interest vary from star wars to monty python; just about every major film within the past century. I also love to learn old trades and skills such as carpentry and millinery. Being raised by a dad who is in construction, I've always been tinkering, and building. Costuming is the perfect combination of my love for film, and love for making.

I bought a tooling hide from tandy, and have used it to make tons of belts, straps, pouches, holsters, spats, and hats. I'm hoping to get another hide soon to continue practicing and expanding my knowledge. My main goal with leatherworking is too be able to make anything from bullwhips to shoes. Attached is a pic of me wearing a tricorn and belt I made.

Thanks for reading.

Chase K.

post-45690-0-98428700-1381286952_thumb.j

Welcome I'm in gatorville, west side and happy to help or share stories david

Welcome aboard, I'm brand new to the whole leatherworking thing but having a blast. I'm down in southeast Polk county. Maybe some day we can get a group of central Floridian leatherworkers together.

Dave