KY23

New Dog Collars

Made a few dog collars and belts with my new sewing machine. Because of the long time to hand stitch I've avoided projects like lined belts/collars but now that I have a sewing machine I've been cranking some things out. Still working on improving edging and dyeing.

Here is a pic of a dog collar I made for one of my Giant Schnauzers.

post-14350-0-79100000-1448306628_thumb.j

Nice! My hand stitching is....well, lacking to say the least. May I ask what sewing machine you have? I couldn't even sew a straight line with a regular sewing machine, so I may be relegated to making collars without any stitching. *sigh* I would love to make a padded collar, but that, of course, requires stitching.

It's a Cowboy CB4500. I was using an edge guide at first but with some practice I'm able to sew a straight line without. Before the sewing machine I avoided projects that required stitching. Belts, collars, holsters, etc just don't look finished without lining IMO.

I'll use my friend Google to look that up - thank you! I agree that lining really polishes the product...but not if it looks like my dog himself did the stitching! I don't know if this is allowed on this forum, but if so, can you please share where you purchase leather and tools from? I have been purchasing from an 'old reliable' nationwide source, but I wonder if there are better options. If I can master (and afford) the sewing machine, I'd like to know where to find the best materials. Then again, that's why I joined this joint! Thanks for your quick reply! Love the collar. If the one I'm working on currently turns out even wearable for the pup, I may share it here. Mmmm, ahhh, maybe not. XD

Very Nice Collar- may I ask where you source your roller buckle and D rings? Never thought to reduce the inner liner like you did...nicer finished edge. I really like that idea.

Thanks!

Very Nice Collar- may I ask where you source your roller buckle and D rings? Never thought to reduce the inner liner like you did...nicer finished edge. I really like that idea.

Thanks!

You can purchase the buckle from Tandy, Buckle Guy, and Ohio Travel Bag. All online.

Thanks- found some nice hardware at Weaver. Also started using a machine- CB 3200. Very cool!

post-39107-0-68583800-1456105983_thumb.j

Great.