monkeytamer

New Member In Dubai

Hi, my name is Sam and I currently live in Dubai. I have been into leather now on and off for several years. I fortunately am a member at a local maker space that has a leather workshop that I helped set up. I sometimes hold workshops for people who are just started to become interested in leather. Some of the other equipment available at the maker space has encouraged me to experiment with laser cutting leather, and trying to cast my own stamps in metal or look into using 3D printing technology to create them.

As my own skill set is not very developed yet, the content of the workshops deals only with basics that I feel conformable showing others.

I have learned a great deal already from the forum and I am hope to learn more.

Thanks for reading.

Welcome from which country does the leather that you use come from ?

Hi Itch,

Currently our stock was ordered from the US as there are no domestic tanneries that process cow hide. There is a camel hide tannery that you can get scraps and left over hides from big orders that they have had, but to request things you need to make a minimum order of 250 kgs of leather which is not feasible for hobbyists or even small business. Probably in the future when we order leather we will use a European tannery.

Hello Sam and welcome to the forum!