Singermania

Australia's Used Heavy Leather Machines

I'm pleased to announce our push to be Australia's number one USED OLDER STYLE heavy leather machine supplier is enjoying some success, this in a rather quiet market where local dealers are dropping like flies. Although we have a few of the big Chinese machines in stock such as Cowboy 441, a patcher and Singer 7 class clone... basically cos they've gone wrong in the field and the backup wasn't there to fix them and so we bought them... we really love our old machines.

In stock now or soon to arrive are;

3x Singer 97-10 heavy harness machines

2x Champion stitchers.. ditto

9x Pearson no 6 ..... ditto.... possibly one of the biggest collections in the world, made in USA, France, Germany, Britain

2x Koch harness and shoe machines very rare

2x Adler 20-2 long flatbed walking foot with reverse

1x Singer 133K8 saddler's cylinder arm walking foot

2x Adler 5-27.....dittto

1x Singer 8-8 enormous sailmaker twin needle with puller.. only other one in museum in the USA

1x Singer 47KSV10 extended long arm sail maker with single needle .... very rare

2x Blake insole stitchers circa late 1800s... rare

1x Kochs Adler up the arm cylinder.... only one we've ever seen apart from photos

1x Singer 45K89 walking foot, cylinder arm with rare reverse

2x Singer 133KSV short and long arm darners.... hard to source

4x Atlas leather sewing machines, very beautiful

2x Singer 7-41 rare

1x Singer 7-31

2x Singer 6-10 and 6-12 very very rare

9x Patchers... Singer, Colibri, Koch, Durkopp, Adler, Drossner and Bradbury

1x Boweda, circa 1889 German cylinder heavy leather machine, only one ever seen outside a museum

Various other heavy Singers, Adlers, Pfaff, Mitsubishe, Consew and Seiko

In our quest to be Australia's number one Pearson no 6 suppler we've also built up an extensive spares and attachments base.... from feet, screws, roller guides, rein rounder attachments, shuttles, shuttles springs, needle guides, oil lamps, bobbin winders, flat bed tables etc.

Always interested in big machines, still looking for a big Luberto and Landis.

Hi Steve,

I have several big old Adler's myself, 204, 105 and a very nice 5-27 with all saddler's attachments. The last one is in mint condition and I used it for many years before i got a 441. Here is a German used leather machine dealer who has all the Adler on your list and more. http://www.sieck.de/en/machines/sewing/diverse-machines/

The Kochs Adler cl. 43 is a long arm cylinder-bed barrel-shuttle lock-stitch. Kochs Adler made eleven subclasses for export; 43-1 is drop feed up the arm. Cl. 43-3 is a Zig Zak up the arm. Sieck has these two for sale.

The Class 20 is the same machine as the Singer class 7. Adler later made a newer version of this machine class 120, I know of one for sale is a brand new machine made by Adler.

These Adler 120-30 is made new in Germany on license from Dürkopp Adler and the price is plus 300 000,00 Euro. The same company also make the class 30 shoe patching machine. http://www.sl-spezial.de/sl/index.php/flat-bed-lockstitch-machine-adler-class-120-30-e2.html So if you know of anybody who want one there is one Adler 120-8 available in Norway to "normal" price. It has a 40 mm foot lift and its a monster.

I do have these three Adler`s for sale cl. 5-27 ( Cyl. bed, 220V electronic adjustable top speed clutch motor and speed reducer. All saddler's attachments ), cl. 105-25 top and bottom feed cyl. bed (new table and new 4 pole low speed clutch motor, speed reducer) cl. 204-64 needle and bottom feed flat bed with Efka variostop. All set up for leather work, ready to sew and in good condition.

Thanks

Tor

Steve has more vintage cast iron that your local museum!

Hello Darren,

yes I am sure of it.

Tor

HI Guys, thanks for the information. I sold one of the big Adler 20-2 machines, you're right they are similar to the Singer 7 class, however they are a couple of inches longer and heavier, I mean heavier as in trying to pick one up. I love my old machines and have about 80 now, including about 12 Pearson no 6 manufactured in Britain, Britain for Canada, Germany and France. I'm also thrilled with my two latest arrivals... a narrow and a wide mouth Champion, from the States and Canada, I've another en route from France that has the original bicycle type treadle stand. Thanks for the heads up on the german dealers site, I'll take a look now. Regards Steve

Just had a look at the Sieck site and remember it from once before, they have wonderful machines, but a bit too dear for me to get hold of.... Speaking of German machines I picked up an 'up the arm' cylinder arm durkopp a little while back, its really lovely. Good for doing up boot sides etc. Regards Steve

Hey Singer Mania... I have an ASE #9 in great shape and it sews well! I just dont use it with a 441 and a 441 short arm sitting right next to it! i'll cut you a deal for just the head! email me andrew@awharness.com

HI Guys, thanks for the information. I sold one of the big Adler 20-2 machines, you're right they are similar to the Singer 7 class, however they are a couple of inches longer and heavier, I mean heavier as in trying to pick one up. I love my old machines and have about 80 now, including about 12 Pearson no 6 manufactured in Britain, Britain for Canada, Germany and France. I'm also thrilled with my two latest arrivals... a narrow and a wide mouth Champion, from the States and Canada, I've another en route from France that has the original bicycle type treadle stand. Thanks for the heads up on the german dealers site, I'll take a look now. Regards Steve

Thats an impressing stock of machines Steve, do you have a website to show them. I love to see old machines, that beats any books and TV program.

Tor

HI Tor, no have closed down the website because of the cost, am looking at finding something free.

On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2013 at 9:24 PM, Singermania said:

Hi there, Do you know where to get a manual for the Adler 20 as I have one and would like to get to know her a bit better lol she is a very big girl but rins beautifully.

HI, Yes I have tried over the years to get all the manuals for the heavy machine and do have the German version of the Adler 20 manual. 

I tried to load it here but seems to be too big.   If you let me have your email address I'll send it to you that way.

Best Regards Steve

Hello Steve and Angie http://sew24.blogspot.no/p/downloads.html try that link first (I'm unable to paste in links on this site editor, since the big site update) If not try to search on Google for the blog "the world of duerkopp Adler parts" and select downloads. There you will find most obsolete Duerkopp and Adler classes. And there are several manuals on the class 20 (leaflet,part and user manual. Perhaps also a service/adjustment manual), have some patience because the downloads will start slowly. It seems like the links do not work, but they do. Thought, they might be in German. 

Tor 

Awesome Thanks for that Tor I had no idea where to look .

On ‎2‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 8:37 AM, Singermania said:

HI, Yes I have tried over the years to get all the manuals for the heavy machine and do have the German version of the Adler 20 manual. 

I tried to load it here but seems to be too big.   If you let me have your email address I'll send it to you that way.

Best Regards Steve

Thanks Steve

You're welcome Steve :)

Our museum has a No 6 Harness Maker that hasn't been operating for decades until this year. When I started threading it up I noticed there was no needle. Is it possible to get a needle or more from you?