Sign in to follow this  
randyandclaudia

Introduction

Hi. Happy Holidays. We are very excited to formally join this circle of fellow leather artists. Claudia and I are self-taught non-traditional leather artists who have been creating wearable and non-wearable art together for almost eighteen years. Our passion has taken us on an awesome roller coaster ride as I'm sure a lot of you are on as well. It's the reason we joined the forum. Thanks for creating it! Thought I would add a couple of photos of one of our latest portraits, Chief Sitting Bull. Positively . . . Randy

Chief_Sitting_Bull_Final_1_750.jpg Chief_Sitting_Bull_Final_2_750.jpg

post-5494-1197743881_thumb.jpg

post-5494-1197743908_thumb.jpg

Welcome,

I am absolutely blown away by this piece! I cant wait to see more of your work.

Heather

Welcome Claudia and Randy. That is a beautiful peice of work and some amazing sewing. Looking forward to seeing more of your artwork

Wow! Just Wow!

absolutely freakin amazing !!! Please tell us and show us more.

*pulls out all old JP tapes and starts to sing*

"There's many who tried to prove that they're faster

But they didn't last and they died as they tried"

Hell bent, hell bent for leather

Welcome to the forum Claudia and Randy, that's some very amazing work you do. The stiching and even the layout of all those pieces must take forever. Please post more pics.

Ken

Welcome to the group, keep on posting.. Great piece of work.

Randy

Hi welcome to the forum Claudia and Randy, that is some work of art please explaine the prosess and do post more pics, Don

Thanks everyone for all of your kind words. The process . . . Design, Draw, Patterns, Trace, Cut, Skive, Glue & Stitch. Of course there are lots of subchapters under each heading when it comes to the Art of Inlay / Overlay. There is no wrong way to create. Our medium is leather so in order to make things with it you have to understand it. How it reacts, moves, etc. Wether you are working with harness leathers, shoe leathers, or very soft leathers. I like to put zoom lenses on my eyeballs and focus on the small stuff. Sure there's alot of stuff out there that looks awesome from a few feet away. Zoom in. I remember sitting on the floor one day, while I was at the MET in Manhattan, trying to understand the craftsperson / artist that created the suit of armor I was staring at. It was made for King Henry II and it absolutely blew me away. The more I zoomed in the more detail I noticed. Even the pinky finger had 7 reticulating scales, each scale adorned. Every square quarter inch was the best the maker was able to do. Do your best in each step of what you make. This is art. Create. Skills are earned through passion and repetition. Positively . . . Randy

whitetiger_2_500.jpg whitetiger_1_500.jpg

post-5494-1197831948_thumb.jpg

post-5494-1197832058_thumb.jpg

That Tiger is just GORGEOUS. Do you have a website that we can see more of your work?

Ken

These pieces truly fall into the realm of art! Absolutely amazing!

Thanks again. Hope this reply finds you having a great day.

I'm still working on our site, but please check it out.

randyandclaudia.com

return often, as we are working on putting up a bunch of photos in the different sections of pieces that we have already sold. We are also going to be adding all of our newest creations as we complete them.

Chief Sitting Bull is 27" x 30" - 137 pieces, White Tiger - 10" x 15" - 196 pieces, Strummin Still" (Dwight Yoakam) - 30" x 36" - 475 pieces

I am in awe of your work it is truly amazing. please keep posting pictures, as for leather work and the creation of art work as you have posted as well as mentioned it is a fantastic medium to work with and each person will see a different item or piece of art out of the same piece of leather. thanks for sharing!

Your works are stunning! I really enjoyed waht you said about your MET experience as well.

Thanks MaxxEmpire. It's evident that you understand what you are looking at. Not sure if I have a photo of the suit of armor, but I do have another awesome photo from the same day. I'll see if I can locate it. Take care

I am in awe of your work it is truly amazing. please keep posting pictures, as for leather work and the creation of art work as you have posted as well as mentioned it is a fantastic medium to work with and each person will see a different item or piece of art out of the same piece of leather. thanks for sharing!

Thank you for the huge compliment. The old Ferrari concept works well for us fellow leather workers. "What can be conceived, can be created." True we all see something different in the same piece of leather. It is what makes us all different. The same holds true for the human race. If we were all the same what a boring place it would be.