Singermania

Latest Shipment Of Leather Machines

Hi All,

Our latest shipment from Europe has arrived, machines coming from England, Scotland, Germany, France and Italy. We had a few problems with collection of one group of machines as our driver was mugged by gypsies at an overnight stop and we had to wait for insurance red tape before we could resume collection. Driver shaken but not stirred.

This shipment contains 9x Pearson BUSMC no 6, 2x Singer 45K89 with cylinder arm, reverse and walking foot, 1x Textima with cylinder arm reverse and needle feed, 2x Adler 20-200 massive twin needle machines, 1x Blake insole stitcher, 3 outsole stitchers including Junkers and Ruh, 1x Singer 29K,, 31K, 21W62 and some smaller leather sewing machines, some leather cutters and skivers etc...

Also brought in a Bradbury table to suit my Bradbury patcher head and another old table to suit my Singer no 3.

Here are some photos...

post-19343-0-77375600-1410404309_thumb.j

post-19343-0-85546100-1410404359_thumb.j

post-19343-0-00221500-1410404401_thumb.j

post-19343-0-87330800-1410404646_thumb.j

Here are a few more pics...

and the last

post-19343-0-36552200-1410404826_thumb.j

post-19343-0-67779100-1410404865_thumb.j

post-19343-0-71182100-1410404911_thumb.j

post-19343-0-24218500-1410404957_thumb.j

post-19343-0-37639900-1410405039_thumb.j

post-19343-0-88692800-1410405082_thumb.j

When i get rich i want to come and see your collection in person !!! The old machines are so neat to look at, not only were they built to work but the stands are amazing desgins !! What is the three legged machine in the first set of pictures. It looks like some kind of

Mac Kay ( probley spelled wrong ) it reminds me of a crown. Well reading again i see what it is, it is neat looking.

Dirtclod - when you get rich then please buy a ticket for me too. I really would love to see all these nice machines. :P

Steeve - nice lot again - I like the cast iron SINGER stand. This is something I´m looking for so my Singer don´t have to work on Adler stands any longer ;)

Constabulary i'll stop in Germany and pick you up and we'll fly togeather first class. Heck i might win the lottery this weekend.

Thanks chaps, I'm still working thru to see what is good and what needs work. The Textima is a real beauty and I've been after one for some time. The Adlers are huge, can only lift them with the workshop crane. I've got a small problem with the Singer 45K89 that I have... so these two will help me find the source of the problem. regards

Steve

Hey guys don't forget to stop & pick me up! I like these old ones too!

I see some real nice ones there.

Edited by CowboyBob

Stuff the lot of you - I've been there twice ;)

Stuff the lot of you - I've been there twice ;)

Nobody likes a braggert! J/K you are lucky.

LOL, I have toys here that Steve wants but he isn't going to get them :)

His Puritan is a toy compared to mine and I have more 16, 17, 18 and 19 class Singers than him.

We like annoying each other with our latest toys.

Steve and I have different businesses but we both love old machines and for me I love the fact that I am is first port of call for obsolete parts.

Nobody likes a braggert! J/K you are lucky.

Hey can an old cripple go to , wonder how the plane would handle that . A big guy in a power wheelchair oh we'll I can dream .wish I had a couple of those babies . Gary

haha, don't take any notice of Darren, he's from south of the border, they're all a bit strange down there.... I've just got a Singer 132B2B in, these have the real walking foot, reverse and 15mm leather sewing ability. Also arriving yesterday was a Juki DU-580 long arm, I don't have manuals for either of these machines if anyone knows of where to find a free download...... there are plenty of similar model manuals, but can't see tThese two.

Also have a really nice leather Textima needle feed cylinder arm machine, quite a big beast, is there a manual out there for this?

regards steve

would love to see you all down under..... will put some photos on tomorrow of these machines

men - I´m staring to hate you Steve ;)

I think when Australia goes to war and they have a shortage of metal, you´ll be the 1st person they´ll ask :lol:

Can you post some "overview" pictures of your sewing machines piles?

I´m just curious how all that looks as I have to make a plan how to bring stat stuff to Germany

(oh - damn - that was my secret plan)

Edited by Constabulary

HI all, I've been really lucky in that I had work whilst building the collection, and then after a little while it was self supporting. I'm retired apart from the machines and they provide me with some pocket money when I sell excess machines or parts.

I've attached a photo of the Singer 132B2B, the Juki DU-580 and the Claes Textima. As the Textima is German? I wondered whether you might be the best person to tell me something about it.... I've only turned the wheel by hand so far and can see the needle feed in action, however I didn't notice the foot lifting or releasing pressure as the feed went thru... would you know whether there is any action in the foot section in this machine?.... I'll get to it eventually but would be nice to hear from someone that knows.

post-19343-0-06339200-1410825374_thumb.j

post-19343-0-90234100-1410825437_thumb.j

post-19343-0-21632400-1410825510_thumb.j

I've just had to push in a container load of machines so my display areas are a real mess, I would have about 80 machines in total plus lot of spares, needles and associated leather gear. Here are some photos of some areas of the shed, there are more areas with patchers, darners, Pearsons, Adlers, Singers etc no shown...

post-19343-0-09964000-1410826597_thumb.j

post-19343-0-31467600-1410826797_thumb.j

post-19343-0-47263100-1410827275_thumb.j

post-19343-0-67625800-1410827420_thumb.j

and some more

last two pics..

post-19343-0-69798700-1410827620_thumb.j

post-19343-0-76244900-1410827675_thumb.j

post-19343-0-35683600-1410827738_thumb.j

post-19343-0-04349400-1410827856_thumb.j

post-19343-0-78465600-1410827966_thumb.j

post-19343-0-91972300-1410828023_thumb.j

Wow some of those beautys must have been thru some wonderful years in our history , the flat belt overhead drive systems must have been wonderful to keep in operation . Line shafts like that would be extremely dangerous to work around . When I was younger I worked as a machinist and we had a shop with machines run that way . Man when OSHA came in we had to build all kinds of cages and covers , but what an efficient way to run the shop . The more we go forward the more we should go back. Just my opinion the old ways were better . Wish I could find a junker and rue like you have there any leads on one in the states . Gary

HI Gary, yes I love the old machines, the ones with flat belt pulleys are especially interesting. The Junkers and Ruh are tricky to source, strangely they are quite expensive in Germany, around 400 to sometimes 700 Euros!! so that being the case I find it difficult to import them at any kind of reasonable price. This one came from England with a number of other machines so was a better deal. Here in Australia they sell for around $750 each. I don't really collect shoe machines, however so many people want insole and outsole stitchers that I grab them if I can and sell them on. Constabulary might be the man to source one for you, he's in Germany.

Regards Steve

VERY nice - VERY VERY nice!!!! I´d like to see the other sheds too (I have to calculate the transport capacity)

Steve - I´m sorry but within the next few month we have to invade Australia to bring the "Looted Art" back home but the main reason is your machine collection. And after that we will produce be a movie called "The Sewing Machine Men" telling the story of how a task force of sewing machine nerds brought back "robbed" sewing machines.... :lol: **just kidding**

Yes, the Junker & Ruh SD28 often go for a lot of money probably because of their simplicity. Other sole sewing machines go for much less.

Everything below 31.5 Kg can be shipped by regular airmail by DHL but when it is heavier it will go by boat or so. I´m open for that...

LOL, I have toys here that Steve wants but he isn't going to get them :)

His Puritan is a toy compared to mine and I have more 16, 17, 18 and 19 class Singers than him.

We like annoying each other with our latest toys.

Steve and I have different businesses but we both love old machines and for me I love the fact that I am is first port of call for obsolete parts.

CowBoy CB3200 the lowest cost heavy-duty compound feed walking foot machine for sewing saddles and harness available on the market today!!

meaning what?

how is this a reply to my topic?

seems he is spaming videos in some post. assuming he is working in the factory that builds these machines or so. pretty annoying and not helpful. Check his last posts. The name tells a lot. Just my guess.

I saw an SD28 today - the Pederson version - and as always it was a joy to behold. If I had the money I would seriously consider having a modern version made in Taiwan using a commercially available needle and shuttle.

VERY nice - VERY VERY nice!!!! I´d like to see the other sheds too (I have to calculate the transport capacity)

Steve - I´m sorry but within the next few month we have to invade Australia to bring the "Looted Art" back home but the main reason is your machine collection. And after that we will produce be a movie called "The Sewing Machine Men" telling the story of how a task force of sewing machine nerds brought back "robbed" sewing machines.... :lol: **just kidding**

Yes, the Junker & Ruh SD28 often go for a lot of money probably because of their simplicity. Other sole sewing machines go for much less.

Everything below 31.5 Kg can be shipped by regular airmail by DHL but when it is heavier it will go by boat or so. I´m open for that...

seems he is spaming videos in some post. assuming he is working in the factory that builds these machines or so. pretty annoying and not helpful. Check his last posts. The name tells a lot. Just my guess.

bingo.