mikekfr

Greetings To All From Virginia

Hello all, i've read so many advice & help replies from here about various sewing machines through google searches for random industrial sewing machines i've been looking for, reading up on, in hopes to snag a nice machine.

I own my own canvas shop ( sole proprietor ) here in gloucester Va. - http://www.mikesmobilecanvas.com/

I've recently been interested in making some leather sheaths for myself, and possibly some friends ( for now ). My main machine is a Singer 211w 155, the workhorse of my business. I had a consew 202r that bit the dust and sew-vac can't fix - they say it own't hold it's timing settings.

Which has led me to looking for a replacement machine, and many visits to here through members here answering advice and help questions about various industrial machines. I'm going to go tryout and probably buy, a Consew 226r tomorrow from a dealer in Va Beach. It has the reverse i want, and the minor hassle of moving the binder ( screwed to the slide plate ) to change a bobbin, really won't be a problem as binding is not my primary service, yet is important.

I have a boxtruck i've transformed into a mobile canvas shop - video i made showing beginning to end here

the machine in the truck is an Econoline 2060-al ( bartered for ) Lastly, my portable machine is a Sailrite LSZ-1 for any small repairs or alterations i can do on site w/out the boxtruck.

In my searching online i've learned about the reputations of Seiko STH-8BLD-3 & the Juki DNU-1541 & all makes of copies and replicas of so many other machines, it's very interesting to learn so many opinions about so many different machines. I just wanted to thank the so many members here for the tons of help i've read and seen displayed over the last few months i've been looking for a machine. It's refreshing to see help being offered for free, time after time after time.

Which brings me to, if anyone here ever needs help or some tips on tackling anything automotive upholstery oriented ( seats/headliners/carpet) or marine ( seats/covers/curtains) or furniture......don't hesitate to hit me up, help is free.

Glad to be among what seems to be a great group of intuitive people. ............................Mike

Hello Mike and welcome to the forum! Thanks for offering your services.