adtuck

Hello From Snohomish, Wa

It started when I couldn't find a quality case for my tablet computer. When I looked on Etsy and saw some the prices of good leather cases, I thought, "Hey, I can make one of those and have fun doing it."

Within the last month, I've bought enough leather and tools that I could have purchased 5 cases off Etsy - and of course I'm still not satisfied with my product. Well, now the creative juices refuse to take a rest and I think about leather design solutions at all hours of the day and night. My wife is upset that I've taken over so much space in the kitchen nook area.

I'm hoping I can get some pointers and at least scratch the surface of the quality I've seen in the gallery. I didn't know there was such quality artistry in leather out there. I am eager to grow and learn.

Aaron

Hi Aaron, I'm new to leather too & love it! Snohomish? I lived in Everett for about 7 years before moving to Maine--loved going to Snohomish...

Hello from Camano Island WA. Aaron, welcome to the forum.

Lorif, I lived in Maine in the early 80's before moving back to Washington.

If your wife is upset about taking up so much space in the kitchen nook area, she will really be upset when you take off and grow out of that space. I took over me wife's spare bedroom in the basement. And still need more room. Welcome to the madness called Leather craft. Hope you get that laptop case you were looking for.

Richard

Hi Camano, that's hilarious! I have a friend on Camano, if the weather hadn't affected me so badly I would still be there for sure :)

Thank you for the warm welcome. Camano and Maine, what are the chances? Richard, I just got kicked out of the nook yesterday, so moved to the dining room. As soon as it cools down a bit, I will probably move to the garage or shed.

Nice to see someone else from here, and an archer to boot!

Unless you've been here, it's hard to truly grasp the diversity of the state. I've been quite a few places, but nothing is quite like being here in Washington.

Welcome, to the best Leather site anywhere, You'll learn well, As the best are here on LWN.

Hello Aaron and welcome to the forum!

Check out http://pslac.org for local leather group (Puget Sound Leather Artisans Coop)

Bob Stelmack