CaravanSharkey

Hello From Trumansburg, Ny

I'm new to leather. Very new. I started making mohair cinches & breast collars this year and it's led me into various directions. And that causes confusion. Wish I could settle down on one thing--but there's just so much to investigate and learn. I spin various animal fibers and I'll be making some of my hand-spun alpaca into rope to make into cinches. Finding quality hardware t decent prices is a problem. I never stop searching. I just got 55 pounds of 2-ply mohair in and I'll be dyeing it some new colors. I have over 20 colors now and I've been creating new designs. I did get my website going: caravanfiber.com But it's not robust enough to take orders, especially as the cinches are all custom orders. My profit margin on them is very small right now. And the prices for the cinches is rather high. But I'm still trying. I have teamed up with an experienced leather worker and I'm sure I'll be learning a lot from him.

welcome. yes there is a lot to investigate and learn....one step at a time. you can get it all in.

trumansburg? wow! my old stomping grounds...sort of. i used to deliver for staples over at cornell and a few surrounding areas. the finger lakes are beautiful. i miss the clear water.

Welcome to the forum.

Chief

Your cinches are very cool. Good luck, and welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the very best Leather forum anywhere !