Sign in to follow this  
HARVEY

Rick Bean Saddle Photos

After looking at his work in the 2006 & 2007 TCAA catalouges, anybody out there having any other sources for photos of his work, or photos they themselves have?

I sure would like to see more. And close-up detailed photos. Anybody have anything?

Harvey

Los Angeles

RC Bean's shop is just down the road from where I live. His web page is no longer active, but here's a Link

that may be of interest to you.

Butch

WOW, That is some awesome work!! I would love to see his work in person, the level of detail is unreal!!!

Harvey

send me an email with your email address and I actually have a saddle photograph of Mr. Bean's (closeup). His work is amazing when you see it. I will be more than happy to send it to you, but it is a background on my other laptop.

eleven99atsbcglobal.net

Greetings from Round Rock, Texas

You're lucky butch! Do you ever go spend time there?

Art

Unfortunately I've never met Rick, but I've been to his shop and it's one of those places where your jaw just drops. His website used to have pictures of the inside of it, but for some reason it's down.

Butch

On a mailing list I once said that decorative carving is just to cover up bad tooling ...!! Wow, what strong reaction I got!!! Just imagine - the sacrilege!

I any case, someone sent me photos of Rick Bean's work - a saddle largely decorated with swivel knife cuts, of course! Enjoy!

Rick_Bean_stagecoach1.jpg

RickBean_close_up_722.jpg

post-6312-1228453099_thumb.jpg

post-6312-1228453132_thumb.jpg

I love Rick Beans work. It is very humbling and inspiring as is all the work from TCAA members.

Tim

When Rick puts those saddles up for auction he also offers a photo book that shows every step of the saddle construction and every day, every step, every detail is described by Rick in rhyme!!!! On that saddle (i believe) the inside of the stirrup thread had over 7000 swivel knife cuts! He's got a great wit and is a happy kind of person and still fairly quite. His art and saddles speaks volumes though!

Vaya Con Dios, Alan Bell

It still amazes me some of these saddles. I love his 2005 saddle I think it is from Butch's link he posted. That thing is simply amazing (IMHO).

Thanks for posting guys, his work is fantastic.

After looking at his work in the 2006 & 2007 TCAA catalouges, anybody out there having any other sources for photos of his work, or photos they themselves have?

I sure would like to see more. And close-up detailed photos. Anybody have anything?

Harvey

Los Angeles

the TCAA website is www.tcowboyarts.org They have tons of pictures of all the TCAA members work. I love that website!

Great site thanks for the tip

Josh

I lived in star for ten years... when i was 11 we moved about two hours away but still went back and visited saddle shop every time we passed threw... last i knew, Rick moved his stuff to the house(which is only like a mile down the road)... i belive a incident took place( with out going into details) which forced him to stay at home for a few months.. Since then, there hasn't been near as much of his work on display as their used to be but occasionally you'll find a saddle or two in the show case area.

I to find his work very creative and inspirering... exspecially the scrolls and old timer ranch scenes that he's carved on a some of his saddles. i wish Rick would get a web site going again or at least some kind of enternet pic album dedicated to his work (besides the TCAA page)... its to bad he dosn't make a video like Dale Harwood did..............I'd give about anything to see him run that swivle knife!!!

Jed