Sign in to follow this  
Phil2011

Wanted: Patterns For Soft Soled Footwear In Size 8.5" Long

Hi, there! My wife's feet are tiny, they are 8.5" long only (21,5cm) and I would like to make various styles of soft soled footwear for her: moccasins, slippers, ghillies, etc... I use to make moccasins, but till I meet my wife I used to make them in adult sizes (both woman and man). I've searched a lot, but no pattern I find is smaller than size 5 or 6US wmn !.. I Wonder if someone could tell me where I could find patterns in the right size. Thanks a lot in advance! ;)

Shoemaking is really a skill in and of itself beyond leatherwork, but I think custom patterns might be what you are looking for. One of the best starting books I found was called Handmake Shoes for Women. It has been out of print for some time, but is avalible directly from the author at her Etsy store, http://www.etsy.com/...hop_home_active

If you want a simpler option then a custom pattern, have you tried the larger kids patterns? At least for moccasins they are out there. One of my friends is one of those small women. She buys larger childrens sizes quite often.

Edited by Glendon

Hi, Glendon! Thanks a lot for the link! I'm going to contact the seller!.. About the second part of your message, I just can't find kids patterns! The smallest size I ever found is 6US wmn!.. Someone told me that I could reduce such a pattern to get the right size. Unfortunately it doesn't work: the proportion between length and width of foot are not the same one on short feet than on large feet... That's why I'm looking for children patterns...