Sign in to follow this  
tnawrot2

Landis #3

I have a Landis #3 that I need help tuning up, I had a old copy of a manual that I can't find and I will order a new one on Monday. The trouble started when the needle wouldn't follow the awl, someone suggested that the needle bar was worn, at full top position there is a very small amount of play. I noticed that the needle wasn't in alignment with the awl. I removed the three large bolts with slotted head and kept adjusting the inner screws until the needle went through the same hole the awl made. Was this the correct way? The three inner screws allow for left and right alignment, is there a way to adjust the front and back alignment, looking at the back of the piece (I ran the machine without any thread so I could distinctly see the awl hole and the needle hole) it seems the needle is hitting a little back of the awl hole.

Is the needle bent??

I have a Landis #3 that I need help tuning up, I had a old copy of a manual that I can't find and I will order a new one on Monday. The trouble started when the needle wouldn't follow the awl, someone suggested that the needle bar was worn, at full top position there is a very small amount of play. I noticed that the needle wasn't in alignment with the awl. I removed the three large bolts with slotted head and kept adjusting the inner screws until the needle went through the same hole the awl made. Was this the correct way? The three inner screws allow for left and right alignment, is there a way to adjust the front and back alignment, looking at the back of the piece (I ran the machine without any thread so I could distinctly see the awl hole and the needle hole) it seems the needle is hitting a little back of the awl hole.

Is the needle bent??

That is what I thought the problem was, I put in a new needle and awl and still have the same problem.

DId you find a solution to your problem?