Grunt

Bridle Leather Question.

I just got some really nice Wickett and Craig Bridle leather for making belts and I have a question.

I need to know, do I put any kind of sealant or finish such as Neatlac, Resolene, etc. on it or do I just leave it as is?

Thanks,

Nick

You can put a sealant to seal you edges after burnishing but leave the grain like that. I do find the wickett and craig bridle dry so you may want to add a beewax based cream and polish.

I just got some really nice Wickett and Craig Bridle leather for making belts and I have a question.

I need to know, do I put any kind of sealant or finish such as Neatlac, Resolene, etc. on it or do I just leave it as is?

Thanks,

Nick

Nick you've seen my stuff first hand so if that's the finish you want on bridle or any other leather then it's one light coat neatsfoot oil on russet and chestnut, the dark brown and black get no oil. Then Feibing's TanKote, and finally a light coat of Tandy NeatLac. Been doing it just that way for years. good results...no problems

Edited by sheathmaker