I am interested in putting a loop seat in the next saddle I build but have not done this before. Just wondering if anyone could explain "how to" for me. I've got an idea, but I'm not sure how it will look. Thanks

Measure twice (or more) and cut once :) There is no room for screw up doing that. It is fairly self explanatory by deciding what yo want it to look like when you are done,

I haven't done but one loop seat saddle and that was several years ago. The best i remember i had the seat laying on the tree and held it with one hand and took a sharp sewing awl and punched two holes from the bottom right next to the bar on both sides. Then marked a straight line between the holes then measured up the seat just a little more than the thickness of the sturipp leather and punched to round holes and carefully cut that piece out. The second loop you can pretty much put where you want it and do the same thing. Like Andy said it's a one shot deal it's right or it's wrong. Good luck on your seat.

A loop seat is not all that hard. Take your time and try to do a practice one on just one side. Here are some notes I did over 20 years ago, so they are a little crude.

post-13361-082352400 1289616816_thumb.jppost-13361-066906200 1289616844_thumb.jppost-13361-091655300 1289616876_thumb.jppost-13361-041000700 1289616946_thumb.jppost-13361-054254000 1289616979_thumb.jp

Hope these pictures make it, don't really understand how to post pictures. If they don't make it send me an email. I know how to do that.

Bob