steadybrook

Old Unidentified Leather Machinery

I was thinking it may be some kind of shaver, in the third picture the vertical part spins as you turn the handle and it sweeps / cleans out the vertical grooved blades. Still a mystery.

It is amazing the amount of information you can find on Google. What you have there has absolutely nothing to do with leather or leatherwork. It is a Candy Cutter!! Do a Google search for Mills & Bros. Phila PA. and you can even see one for sale on worthpoint.

Oh I almost forgot... Do I won a prize for correctly identifying the mystery object?

Great thanks, I will have to make you some candy. What about this one?post-11456-0-55493300-1384809366_thumb.jpost-11456-0-14511700-1384809373_thumb.jpost-11456-0-32216100-1384809378_thumb.jpost-11456-0-43850500-1384809385_thumb.jpost-11456-0-24250000-1384809390_thumb.j

Now that we know the other is a candy cutter (for taffy maybe?) I would guess that this one is for jelly beans and jujubees. LOL

These were sold to you as leather machines?

No, they were unidentified machines thought to be leather machines because of the brass embossing heads. Thanks.

I found out what the other one was by the manufacturers name on the machine. Probably can do the same if this one has a name on it. Maybe I will get lucky and this one has something to do with making bourbon.

Looks like I need a few bags of sugar and some spare time!! Thanks for the info.