Sign in to follow this  
stormy99

Placement Of Maker's Mark/stamp

I'm sure that there was a topic previously on how/where and why people place there maker's stamps where they do. I've searched, but cannot find it. I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

I'm sure that there was a topic previously on how/where and why people place there maker's stamps where they do. I've searched, but cannot find it. I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

anyone?

Well do not know where all so. If you don't get an answer,

I would look at all the pictures posted and see if you can spot them.

People may faint when they read this but I burn date-intials

on back side of things I do for Family

Joe Stewart

anyone?

Stormy:

for the most part, I try to place my maker's mark in an area not readily visible (on the back of an item, or perhaps under a purse flap) as I consider the mark merely a 'signature', if you will, & not the main focus. However, others may disagree.

russ

I don't use a "mark" at all. Your question is one you have to answer yourself, though. Here's the thing ...

Where to put the mark, or whether to use a mark at all, is as much a part of being a "maker" as the leather you choose, or the shade of dye you prefer.

I recommend you gather information and suggestions - from this site, from suppliers, from other crafters, etc - and use the information to form YOUR OWN style. Put the mark - should you choose to use one - where YOU want it.

Stormy, I put mine on the back side of the item made. It's my autograph, signature, etc..... it is there if you look for it...not out as a sign staring you in the face. JMHO Mike

004-7.jpg

Like katsass, I place my makers mark on the back of an item.