George B

Ruger Sp101-22 Blue Gun Needed

Hello All,

Have a customer who lives across the country wants a Tom Threepersons holster for his new Ruger SP101-22 with a 4 inch barrel.

Looked at the Sp101 in 38 and it is a different lug and looks like a larger frame.

My question, can I use a S&W J frame blue gun with the 2 inch barrel, extend the pattern for the additional length and still make a holster that fits the gun correctly?

The S&W bluegun looks to have a shorter lug below the barrel, since it is not a detailed boned holster I figure the frame section will form out correctly.

Am I correct?

Are there any other problems I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance, George

Hello All,

Have a customer who lives across the country wants a Tom Threepersons holster for his new Ruger SP101-22 with a 4 inch barrel.

Looked at the Sp101 in 38 and it is a different lug and looks like a larger frame.

My question, can I use a S&W J frame blue gun with the 2 inch barrel, extend the pattern for the additional length and still make a holster that fits the gun correctly?

The S&W bluegun looks to have a shorter lug below the barrel, since it is not a detailed boned holster I figure the frame section will form out correctly.

Am I correct?

Are there any other problems I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance, George

J frame will not work. It is significantly smaller that the frame of the SP101

J frame will not work. It is significantly smaller that the frame of the SP101

Hey Denster, I know the standard sp101 is larger but this is the 22 lr, a new model that the reviewer used a j fram holster for that fit just right. From what I read the new ruger sp101-22 is almost identical to the s&w j frame and is a 22lr kit gun, more like the old k22 S&W.

Thanks, george

Hey Denster, I know the standard sp101 is larger but this is the 22 lr, a new model that the reviewer used a j fram holster for that fit just right. From what I read the new ruger sp101-22 is almost identical to the s&w j frame and is a 22lr kit gun, more like the old k22 S&W.

Thanks, george

George

You may want to double check that. I don't believe that Ruger has changed the dimensions of the frame. At least it does not indicate so on their site.

I am guessing you are refering to the Gunblast article. Did you look closely at the photos? I don't consider that fitting but YMMV.

Edited by Denster

George

You may want to double check that. I don't believe that Ruger has changed the dimensions of the frame. At least it does not indicate so on their site.

I am guessing you are refering to the Gunblast article. Did you look closely at the photos? I don't consider that fitting but YMMV.

Hey Denster,

after looking at the article again, very closely, I see what you are talking about. At first I thought maybe it was the holster maker, but I can see where the trigger guard does not look quite correct.

I found one with a shorter barrel at the local gun dealer I can use to form and do my pattern with.

Is there a dummy gun out there I can use for future orders?

Thanks and I appreciate the correction, George