Windrider30

Plague Doctor's Mask

This was a real bitch to hand stitch to be pefectly honest, getting the last side (bottom) was a nightmare to start it and all the way to finish it, started at the end of the mask and worked upward was still a pain in the ass to hand stitch this one, but I really enjoyed the challange of this one.

post-54720-0-54833300-1444197669_thumb.j

post-54720-0-44247100-1444197673_thumb.j

post-54720-0-36488200-1444197677_thumb.j

Nice!!! I've been wanting one of these! Any tips for making one?

Buy one...lol all joking a side a few problems that I ran into which might help you avoid. First even with the leather wet it was a bitch to stitch the nose closed all the way because of tight spaces, so put everything together (leaving one side of the bottom for last) do a saddle stitch from the nose upward but do not pull tight until you can get the needles in and out a little easier then pull HARD to get the nose closed. Also the sunglass lens I used were a little big so what I had to do is encase them in two leather circles then stitch them together, I would make the eye circles a little bigger next time so you can do a double thread mark on them. What I did since it was a little close was used a bit of glue and then just stitched the side pieces to the eye lens, that should keep the lens (cheap plastic by the way) in place. Also the top piece (the mask is actually four pieces, two sides, one top and one bottom piece) and the side pieces are but joined together that was the first time I have ever sewn something like that so you might look into how to do that (I did a kind of saddle stitch, cross stitch and it should hold).