electrathon

I Entered Some Stuff In The Fair

I entered 6 items in the County Fair, won 6 blue ribbons.

It is fun getting to display items. I know it is late this year but next year it would be great if country wide we made a push for many of us to enter local fairs.

Aaron

post-2349-0-59748900-1377025841_thumb.jp

Edited by electrathon

Congrats Aaron! Good job :)

Congratulations Aaron! And that is a good idea too about entering our local fairs. I'll try for next year.

Bob

Congratulations. I entered a pistol case, posted In the show off section a couple of weeks ago, in the Missouri State Fair and won first in my class and best of show. I plan on coming to the parking lot event at the Tandy in Gresham next Saturday, hopefully I'll get to meet you while I'm there.

Clint

Very nice work on those. I especially like the pouch. What is the knife sheath? Stingray?

You cleaned up with the blue ribbons, Aaron! Congrats!

Congrats 6 blue ribbons outstanding, you know that holster is very nice and well balanced in it look.

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I tried to enter an assortment of different items.

The bowie was one I bought the blank for and put the handle on it. The inlay is stingray.

The belt is a clean looking Bison outer with a horsehide liner. Hand sewn around the perimeter.

The sporran was a pattern I found on the internet about a year ago, was a fun project.

The holster fits a Smith & Wesson revolver that belonged to my Grandfather. He had the gun for many years and I got it after he died about 20 years ago. The gun is very nice to shoot and I have a strong emotional attachment to it too. It never had a holster, this one was fin to make. I still need to do a matching belt for it.

Aaron

nice job aaron.

and in my old home town too. figures i really need to plan for next year on putting stuff in the fair.

some day i want to check out puget sound fair cause pslac put lots of leather items in the fair.

Edited by leatherjunkie

I keep meaning to enter my fair. Distance is no excuse, I only live a couple of miles from the fairgrounds......

Good job Electrathon

If would be cool if this gets remembered soon enough next year and nationwide there is a push for leather at the fairs. I am going to try to remember it, but if I don't May would be a good time to bring the issue back to the surface.

Aaron

good job Aaron, Cheryl