Steve Brewer

Carbon fiber Trees

What is your thoughts on these carbon fiber trees?They have been around a while.On another site I go to they talk alot about them.Never used one myself,but wonder how they fitand if they hold up?

Steve

Steve, I have never ridden one, nor built on one........however, I am curious enough to want to try it, though. I contacted the Howe feller in Colorado that is building some of those trees several months ago. He was supposed to send me some photos of various fork patterns and such that he makes, and have his son who builds the trees contact me. Never have heard anymore from him. JW

That's good to know Ashley, Thanks. I will try to look him up. We will be in Amarillo, and shuffling back and forth between OKC for cowhorse prelims, and hopefully finals, at the world show. JW

What is your thoughts on these carbon fiber trees?They have been around a while.On another site I go to they talk alot about them.Never used one myself,but wonder how they fitand if they hold up?

Steve

Steve

I have bought a tree a few months back { cable rigged}.Hung stirrup

leathers on it and have been using it so I would have a better idea

Of what I am working with.Bars are a bit on the short side when

compared to a standard tree,but seems to fit a horse O.K. when

I pad it correctly.Will get it finished in the next month or so and

really start using it.

Frank

P.S. Photos of your saddles are an inspiration

I rode one a while back and really liked it. It was skeleton rigged so it was really light. I really liked the cable rigging as far as feel but wasn't able to try it over a long enough time in different terrain to see how stable it is. The bars fit my QH well. I got one to build on, but have been busy with orders and don't have it finished yet. I guess he developed a tree with mule bars and I talked to him and he said he would mail some info. That was months ago.