bruce johnson

Lots More Tools For Sale Today

Twice in a week for fresh tools may be a personal best, but nursing a bad tooth/teeth has kept me from working in the shop much. It has allowed me to catch up on tools we have had ready to go for while – just hadn’t got to them yet for pictures and descriptions. Today there is another big run of 150 or more tools scattered throughout the site.

Slickers – Best glass slicker I have ever held – CS Osborne Newark marked with beautiful wood. Also two Dixon edge irons – the ones you heat and run down a lightly waxed edge to give that finally pizazz of Old World craftsmanship. The European masters on Facebook leather groups talk them up highly.

Hammers – A couple of the best saddler’s hammers I have had a hand on – CS Osborne and Blanchard, along with a really nice Marples tack hammer.

Pliers – A few more here, including a cute tack pulling pliers with channels in the jaws to grab the heads without deforming them much like what you may be using now – recycle those tacks and reuse them.

Channelers and Stitch Groovers got filled out a bit more

Creasers – Double lines, single lines, and large round/layer creasers too. Highlight here is a Gomph #6 large round creaser with a super handle. Showpiece quality.

Miscellaneous – One the “Rein Rounder, Miscellaneous “ page there are some really cool and eclectic additions! A huge scalloping wheel carriage that is CS Osborne Newark marked, dividers, old set of spot setters, collar palms, and conversation pieces/weaponry/Using tools such as collar/drawing awls, washer cutters and a straining fork. Here is the link for the landing page for tools - Leather Tools For Sale

Got a bit of an issue with your link there, Bruce...

And I especially liked the description for the straining fork #2787... :spoton:

Edited by kodiakthejuggler

Thanks for letting me know - the link should be fixed now. Yeah, I believe several leather tools could fall into the category of self-defense aids. Always thought a draw gauge might handy in close combat too.

Just got the Weaver #1 English strap end punch in the mail today. It's beautiful! Works like a charm! Thanks so much for the prompt service. I look forward to building up my tool count.

Thank you, sir!

I have added some more tools to my website today -

Chase pattern splitter – 12 inch

Rein rounders – three of them including the nicest CS Osborne bench mount I have seen

Stitch groovers – CS Osborne compass groover and Dixon compass race

Overstitchers – Gomph #7, CS Osborne #’s 6,8,9,10

Pricking wheel – HF Osborne #13

French edgers – HF Osborne #5, CS Osborne #’s 4,5,6, Vetter #1

Scalloping punch – Nice 3/4 inch half round/end scalloper

Creaser – Nice unmarked adjustable screw creaser

Shoe tools – Whitcher #8 lasting pliers in great condition, if you need a vintage folding measuring stick to see how big your feet are – 2 more up today.