Sign in to follow this  
George B

Extreme Crossdraw Almost Sideways?

Hey All, I have a customer who wants a radical extreme crossdraw holster for his Colt SAA. He wants it almost parallel to the belt.

Do I stitch the belt loop to the back of the holster? If I do that will the weight of the pistol want to pull out and away from the belt?

I've seen some pics here just like he wants but have no idea how to do it.

Thanks, George

Hey All, I have a customer who wants a radical extreme crossdraw holster for his Colt SAA. He wants it almost parallel to the belt.

Do I stitch the belt loop to the back of the holster? If I do that will the weight of the pistol want to pull out and away from the belt?

I've seen some pics here just like he wants but have no idea how to do it.

Thanks, George

I have done one as you describe ........ I stitched the holster to the belt, inside the actual pouch, and YES, the gun will try to pull out from the muzzle end. I later put a small 'belt' around the holster and belt in the dark contrasting color to balance the look. The holster also needed the retaining strap. Mike

005-1.jpg

If he wants something to go on, . . . go off, . . . look up the Carjacker holster.

I've made a similar type a couple of times, . . . and it lays very close to parallel to the belt.

May God bless,

Dwight

I know there is one on the market designed specifically for drivers on protection details , then they switch back to a traditional holster after exiting the vehicle ..

I can try and find it if you need me too ..