CustomDoug

A Good Stitch Groover That Not Too Expensive ?

I'm looking for a better stitch groover than the tandy one I have. I know of the Versa groovers but that's nearly $100 w/shipping. It there something else I should consider?

I know Tandy came out with the new groover that can be used alone or with the guide, more like the versa groover. I think they are around $25.00.

I was going to pick one up just for the heck of it but never got around to it.

The new Tandy one is a massive improvement over the old one. I have one and like it a lot.

IS the newer Tandy one, the one that's called the "Pro" groover ? If it's the same as the seiwa then I'll get the tandy one, otherwise the seiwa one sounds good.

I have one of the Tandy Pro Groovers and it does work very well. The only negative is that the adjustable arm is very long and hangs over your project instead of off the edge. This makes it difficult if you cut your grooves after the leather is molded (such as in a holster). The arm can gouge into the side of the raised areas.

My advice is not to get a cheap one. I have used several different types and brands of inexpensive stitch groovers, but recently got the one made by Jeremiah Watt at Horse Shoe Brand Tools. It is incredible what I had been missing. Night and day difference. True it's about $80, but if you want to cut consistent and accurate grooves, it is worth every bit of it.

im selling a nice cs osborne groover. Check out my post on it. http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=29919&st=0&p=187423entry187423. Thanks.