Bastiaan

Shoe Worker From The Netherlands

Hello there,

My name is Bastiaan. I'm a 23 y/o student from the Netherlands. Since the beginning of the year i became interested in customizing leather shoes (for now mainly patination/dying) . I've been active at a lot of 'style'forums for a while now, but the knowledge about working leather is quite poor. This week I got a hint from a forum member to visit this website, and i quickly realized that this is the place to be when it comes to working leather (and thus shoes). So here i am. I hope to absorb a lot of knowledge about the way you guys work and of course I will share my experience as well.

Welcome.

Shoes are a tough way to start leatherwork but they are fun and making shoes never ceases to impress family/friends. Sandals and make nice gifts in the summer.

I started leather last year and then shortly afterwards I started learning about shoes at a shoemaking course. I'm still on my second pair due to my crazy schedule but I have made some room-slippers and things of that nature as well. It's great fun!

Welcome to the forum Bastiaan! Please do not forget to show off your work here. I am sure that we can learn something from your work and experience.