Sign in to follow this  
watersnake

Lacquer

Hello folks ,

I recently purchased a Chan Geer video on how to crave sheridan style , after he craves the leather he says he uses neatsfoot oil then lacquer .. Could any one tell me what he means by lacquer or what it is please

Thanks

Ron

Clear-laq or wyo-sheen.

It used to be called neet-laq.

Try Sheridan Leather Outfitters

Chans video is probibly the best out there for learning Sheridan. He is a great teacher.

Hello folks ,

I recently purchased a Chan Geer video on how to crave sheridan style , after he craves the leather he says he uses neatsfoot oil then lacquer .. Could any one tell me what he means by lacquer or what it is please

Thanks

Ron

they make a few kinds now to replace what they used to use. clearlac, neatlac, and there is another that i have never used but i believe is the same called wyosheen. it is a finish that acts as a resist also for using the antique finishes available, then you usually do one more coat over the antique after you have wiped off the excess and let it dry. its an art and there are many spots on here going over the process

good luck

i used neatsfoot oil, clearlac and fiebings sheridan antique paste on this, i got them from springfield leather

post-27749-075705400 1332566666_thumb.jp

post-27749-001914000 1332566690_thumb.jp

Springfield leather company sells 'Clear-Lac' which I use, but the cost and restrictions to your country may be an issue. Check out a product called 'RTC Sheridan Finish' by a company called Bee's Natural.

they make a few kinds now to replace what they used to use. clearlac, neatlac, and there is another that i have never used but i believe is the same called wyosheen. it is a finish that acts as a resist also for using the antique finishes available, then you usually do one more coat over the antique after you have wiped off the excess and let it dry. its an art and there are many spots on here going over the process

good luck

i used neatsfoot oil, clearlac and fiebings sheridan antique paste on this, i got them from springfield leather

What about saddle lac,it comes as a spray. Would that work too? I tried it already and my project didnt turn out so good.

What about saddle lac,it comes as a spray. Would that work too? I tried it already and my project didnt turn out so good.

The spray will crack sometimes. I got great results by taking a damp paper towel to it when removing the antique and it left me with a great color.