I was looking for a Neat-Lac equivalent when I came across Seiwa Lacquer on amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004NL5HW8/ref=s9_wish_co_d2_g201_i1?ie=UTF8&colid=2UKT7R6PRPBP7&coliid=I1T58ZT36KEXFW&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=left-1&pf_rd_r=0SJE22T9F6Y8CJDRWMVH&pf_rd_t=3201&pf_rd_p=1743272862&pf_rd_i=typ03).

Does anyone have any experience using this stuff? If so, how does it hold up?

Regarding Saddle lac, I just checked three links on the Internet and they are only selling in a 13oz Spray can (no small plastic bottle, quart or gallon.) and after adding Shipping to the product, the lowest total cost was $23.00 @ Hideaway Leather. Scruggs Farm was next in line with a total cost of $23.64 and e-Bay seller Livestockconcepts (#17551) had a very high feedback percentage of 99.8%, but came in last with a total cost of $25.09. Admittedly, not a lot of difference between these three. Also, I used my Ohio zip code to get shipping cost, so total cost could vary depending your location.

That's my little search and you may find different results at other sources.

ToddB 68

Edited by ToddB 68

S-T Leather in MO sells Neat-Lac.

I got my first can of neat lac last week. St leather $15

It is very high GLOSS.

I got my first can of neat lac last week. St leather $15

It is very high GLOSS.

Here is how to lower the gloss on it. When you are applying it with a piece of sheep hair, wipe it on till you get your coverage. Make sure everything is sealed and coated. Then gently keep wiping till it starts to get tacky, this will happen quickly. Wipe just a little more and then get away from it. The result will be a medium gloss and not the plastic high gloss look.

Aaron