Needlegal

Singer 29K71; Source For Parts?

I picked up a Singer 29K71 on Craigslist knowing that it would need some work, but did not realize how many parts were missing, nor how difficult they would be to find. I've spent a lot of time online searching for part numbers and believe I now have the correct ones. I am hoping that someone on this forum will know of a source for parts which I am unaware of. Any help would be appreciated.

I guess there are probably sources in the US . . . someone on here will know . . . but if you get stuck, College Sewing Machine Parts in the UK have a good range of 29K parts and accessories - https://www.college-...k/default.aspx.

I picked up a Singer 29K71 on Craigslist knowing that it would need some work, but did not realize how many parts were missing, nor how difficult they would be to find. I've spent a lot of time online searching for part numbers and believe I now have the correct ones. I am hoping that someone on this forum will know of a source for parts which I am unaware of. Any help would be appreciated.

Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines and Keystone Sewing both have parts for Singer patchers.

Thanks for your replies. I am only seeing 5 of the more basic parts at College Sewing, so I will check out Keystone Sewing next.

Thanks for your replies. I am only seeing 5 of the more basic parts at College Sewing, so I will check out Keystone Sewing next.

You are probably not going to find many parts for your out-of-manufacture patcher in an online search. Your fingers need to do the walking on the phone dial. These dealers have brick and mortar stores that have been in business before the Internet. The parts you are seeking are in bins and racks far from cameras and normal customers view. Call them and ask about the parts you are missing.

I have been to Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines and can tell you for a fact there there is an entire 12 foot rack full of Singer patchers of every build. Some are used for parts, others could be for sale.

There are versions of the 29k71 parts made in China but do not be tempted by them unless they come from a dealer who will couch for them as you will need a hammer and grinder to make them fit. I source a number of parts out of Taiwan and so far they have all been good and actually fit first go. Most importantly even the threaded parts are correct as the Chinese just use the nearest metric size but the Taiwanese are making exact copies.

You are probably not going to find many parts for your out-of-manufacture patcher in an online search. Your fingers need to do the walking on the phone dial.

Thanks for that info. I had emailed a couple of the companies with the part numbers and descriptions, but have not heard back. I think I will call Toledo Industrial today.

There are versions of the 29k71 parts made in China but do not be tempted by them unless they come from a dealer who will couch for them as you will need a hammer and grinder to make them fit. I source a number of parts out of Taiwan and so far they have all been good and actually fit first go. Most importantly even the threaded parts are correct as the Chinese just use the nearest metric size but the Taiwanese are making exact copies.

That is great to know because eight of the nine parts I need are threaded.

Hi, I have a 29K58 and have been able to get spares from Campbell Randall in Yoakum, TX. . . As Wiz said, it is likely you'd need to call them for some of the parts, as these folks' primary machines are not the Singers (so not listed on their website), but they do have many parts in stock. They have been very helpful when I've called them.

http://www.randallmachine.com/

401 Irvine St. Yoakum, TX 77995, U.S.A.

Toll Free: 1.800.223.6018 - International: +1.361.293.7015 - Fax: +1.361.293.7817

Hi, I have a 29K58 and have been able to get spares from Campbell Randall in Yoakum, TX. . . As Wiz said, it is likely you'd need to call them for some of the parts, as these folks' primary machines are not the Singers (so not listed on their website), but they do have many parts in stock. They have been very helpful when I've called them.

Thanks so much! I called and they were so helpful. They had six of the nine parts, so now all I need is:

bobbinwinder frame screw #128

bobbinwinder eccentric thumb screw #109469

hand wheelstop motion plunger thumb nut #113098

Bob Kovar should have the three parts you need. If not, i think I have them but I am leaving on holiday for 10 days tomorrow.

glenn miller shoepatcher

Thanks so much! I called and they were so helpful. They had six of the nine parts, so now all I need is:

I mentioned your request to Bob Kovar, owner of Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines. He told me that he has every nut, bolt, screw and replacement part for just about any Singer or Adler patcher - in stock, in drawers. You could have purchased all of the missing screws and parts from one dealer and been done with your search.

I mentioned your request to Bob Kovar, owner of Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines. He told me that he has every nut, bolt, screw and replacement part for just about any Singer or Adler patcher - in stock, in drawers. You could have purchased all of the missing screws and parts from one dealer and been done with your search.

As it turns out, I ordered several parts from Toledo Industrial and am making a list to order more. Bob was a lot of help. Thanks again!