bjm5563

Need Adjustment To Leather Gun Holster

I bought a gun holster from Kirkpatrick leather that is slightly too big for my gun (the gun falls out when I pick it up from the holster upside down). I was wondering if it were possible to have the holster reshaped, or perhaps a retention snap installed to keep it from falling out? I'm currently thinking of somehow stuffing something into the holster to fill it in, but I want to keep my options opened.

Below are the dimensions to the gun my holster is meant to fit, and below that the holster for MY gun (on the phone she said it would still work, but it is just isn't secure enough the way it is). As you can see the differences are small.

• Width: 1.55″
  • Height: 5.4″
  • Barrel Length: 4.0" (includes bore and chamber)
  • Overall Length: 7.4″

• Width: 1.35″ (top)/1.55″ (bottom)
  • Height: 5.5″
  • Barrel Length: 4.0″
  • Overall Length: 7.25″

I would appreciate any feedback/suggestions on this issue. Pictures can be provided if requested.

I would first off call and see if possible to exchange it.........they said it would fit and doesn't...

putting a strap would hold it but it should be made to fit the gun you have...I can put a strap on for you but I would call them first

Thanks for you response. I plan on asking them about what I can do but their factory is closed July 5-14 (I don't know if that means they'll answer the phones?). I just figured I would post hear to figure out my options. Am I allowed to ask prices on here? Just ballpark is fine.

I think the easiest fix would just be finding a suitable material to fill it, whether it be a sliver of leather glued or something similar to take up space.

Here is a crappy cell phone pic that I think partially displays the issue. Notice the gap at the bottom.

IMG_20130704_2050471.jpg

If you can get a hold of them and exchange it that is the best way to go. No reason to spend more money to make something fit that should have fit from the manufacture. however if you want it made to fit I woud re mould the holster to the gun or appropriate gun mold. Then add a new stitch line to tighten the holster to the gun It will give a better fit and more proffesional look. What gun do you have. I have sent you a PM (private message) look up at the top the little envalope should be red click on it to open PM.

You need to get the right holster for the gun.

No amount of remolding will make that gun fit properly.

If the person that sold it to you said it would fit your gun then make'em eat it.

Many salesmen/salespersons will say anything to close a sale as most of them are on commission.

When I was still in the biz made thousands of holsters and I only once let a gun shop sell my stuff once because of that very reason. The shop sells a holster that they know won't fit and then later refers the customer to the holster maker after a problem pops up.

If you modify the holster you will have no chance of a refund or exchange.

It would help if we knew where you were, . . . one of us may be just down the road so to speak.

May God bless,

Dwight

DId you order a holster that would fit a gun AND tactical light? That space looks like the holster is fitted for a gun with a light.

I didn't mention anything about a tactical light when ordering, so I would hope not!

@Pappy-You don't think remolding will work even if someone has a dummy mold for the gun?

Well, I guess it would depend on what you expect for quality. The holster appears to be made for a compact or a sub compact and the gun appears to be even smaller possibly an XDS maybe ?

Remolding a holster for a similar size gun can sometimes be done but remolding a holster for a much smaller gun will look horrible and will not keep it's shape very long without also adding more stitching.

I would rather see you get the right holster and send that one back. If you can't find the right holster, have one made. There are many holster makers right here on this forum that will be happy to accommodate you..

The gun was meant for the fnx/fnp model..I have the very similar fns.

As you can see by the comparisons the two are VERY similar in size. So I wouldnt say it's much smaller. I would say it could be possible.. Maybe