That is very nice!

Love the different colors on it and the stingray sure classes it up. Really nice job. Cheryl

My wife wants something similar with a stingray inlay, but I haven't gotten around to that project yet. Your looks great.

Good looking work !

Thank you

Great job!

Pretty cool, do you shoot?

Thanks for all of the comments. To thefanninator, yes I do shoot traditional recurve, but this was an arm guard for one of the employees at the range I go to. This is the arm guard I made for myself. Do you shoot?

post-37888-0-62868900-1406061787_thumb.j

post-37888-0-10439000-1406061809_thumb.j

post-37888-0-45965200-1406061820_thumb.j

Yeah, I shoot too.

Here's a couple of my arm guards.

post-43646-0-93692800-1406065908_thumb.j

post-43646-0-84632400-1406065909_thumb.j

Nice. I haven't tried messing with elastic yet.

Nice airbrushing on your personal one!

Thank you

Gorgeous work, and you both inspire me and make me despair for the arm guard I'll be working on soon. I just found myself with a Palomino recurve bow on my hands and I want to properly deck myself out. (and protect myself...I remember snapping my arm in High School so badly it raised a huge welt). Thank you for sharing your work, even if it makes me envious. ;)

Grey Drakkon, I'm glad that this inspires you. I had to look at just about every leather arm guard I could find online for inspiration myself. I was fortunate to be given full reign over the design of this piece for the end customer. I went into this project with no reference or suggestions from him on style or patterns which is very foreign to me, and he didn't want to even see what I was working with until the piece was complete. He wanted to be completely surprised. I'm sure what ever you make will be pretty cool. Please post pictures when it is complete. Good luck and have fun.

Kevin

I know exactly what you mean with being given so much free rein that you almost don't know what to do. I own a small frame shop and I have recently had a customer that has gotten to the point that she drops off the artwork and says "Oh whatever you decide will be great I'm sure." o_o That shows a level of trust I'm a bit uncomfortable with, seeing as how I'm the suspicious sort.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I think I'll start with a leather tab, seems like it's harder for me to hurt myself or my wallet by starting simple and working on from there.

Nice work! Did you airbrush the edge on yours?

yeah, they all look really good. i like the clean craftsmanship from yours and thefanninator. i like the stitching on your personal one.

Thanks.

Rawcustom, I use an airbrush with all of my dying adventures. You just can't beat the control.

Take care,

Kevin