Hello friends, recently built the saddle here in Brazil, the basket stamp is a team roping saddle for 15 1 / 2 ", the carving is a saddle to ride 16" and I am also putting a type of saddle used much here in Brazil, is a saddle without frame, all the criticism and opinions are very well accepted.

A big hug to all.

sela_basquete1.JPG

sela_basquete2.JPG

selabord11.jpg

selabord22.jpg

arrio_banana_06.jpg

post-8613-1237076291_thumb.jpg

post-8613-1237076387_thumb.jpg

post-8613-1237076606_thumb.jpg

post-8613-1237076787_thumb.jpg

post-8613-1237076852_thumb.jpg

Vary nice job looks like you did a great job fiting the saddles and the tooling is vary nice.

Most of all I like the brazil saddle. One thing to hey have sturip on the brazil saddles?

Russ

I too am curious about the Brazil saddle. Does it have stirrups on it? What is the ring up front used for? Who rides these - just for pleasure riding or do people work cattle with these saddles? And how do you protect the top of the horse's spine from being rubbed? Do you have a picture with one on a horse? This is totally different than what I am used to and I would like to learn more.

Yes the Brazil saddle is interesting. What is it lined with and also what is it stuffed with? I think I can see glimpses of white serge. I am assuming that the shape of the panel is what keeps it off the horse spine.

Barra

Very nice floral work on the third picture.

Greetings from Round Rock, Texas

That saddle of Brazil looks a whole lot like a Native American pad saddle also called a Sioux Pad Saddle. Does it have stuffed panels ( like an english or Australian saddle)? The only thing that bothers me about it would be the placement of the rings, looks like they would sit right under the rider's thighs.

Denise- (this is just a guess) but that ring on the front looks like a "monkey strap" which is used very similarly to a "night lash" to replace a saddle horn.

David

I too am curious about the Brazil saddle. Does it have stirrups on it? What is the ring up front used for? Who rides these - just for pleasure riding or do people work cattle with these saddles? And how do you protect the top of the horse's spine from being rubbed? Do you have a picture with one on a horse? This is totally different than what I am used to and I would like to learn more.

.This saddle is used in southern Brazil, is used mainly in working with the cattle, is a frame without saddle so it fits any loin of the horse. The handle is in front of support, at the bottom of the saddle is set two cushions covered with foam injected vaqueta as the English saddle, and the upper one is used Peleg of wool sheep, I am putting some more photos of other models.

A big hug.

1887670823515109352.jpg

Basto.gif

subarret_small.jpg

1346979731_b4166c66e2.jpg

post-8613-1237769259_thumb.jpg

post-8613-1237769290_thumb.png

post-8613-1237769320_thumb.jpg

post-8613-1237769342_thumb.jpg