Yanni

Highlead Official Website And Email Contact

I'm wondering if anyone has a contact for Highlead sewing machines in China or Taiwan or perhaps an email address.

Bought a sewing machine from the internet and this shop in Manchester is telling me it's a fake.

However the highlead.co.uk here in England is owned by the same shop who suggests it's a fake and is trying to sell me another machine so can't really trust them either.

I've made a Whois search and discovered that.

As far as I know there are no official partners here in the UK.

Can anyone help.

Thanks...

Edited by Yanni

I'm wondering if anyone has a contact for Highlead sewing machines in China or Taiwan or perhaps an email address.

Bought a sewing machine from the internet and this shop in Manchester is telling me it's a fake.

However the highlead.co.uk here in England is owned by the same shop who suggests it's a fake and is trying to sell me another machine so can't really trust them either.

I've made a Whois search and discovered that.

As far as I know there are no official partners here in the UK.

Can anyone help.

Thanks...

Never thought this was difficult to locate, but here it is;

Here is the link for Highlead factory in China

I do have some intrest...who is calling what a copy?

Friedlander is the US distributor for Highlead.

Art

This says it all...

Whomever you buy the machine from, just make sure you have a good warranty and can actually reach their tech support.

Ron

I've got a decent guarantee and the tech guy from the shop came to fix it, the problem is the clutch keeps on jamming and it takes 20 minutes to get it back to where it should be with a screwdriver and a hammer.

I've contacted Frielander in the US but the shop here in Manchester told me that they also received my email as they are all connected.

I've also contacted Highlead in China but had no response and their website seems incomplete.

I've got the feeling that there are no official distributors here in the UK and instead anyone can purchase a machine from Highlead direct.

I have no doubt, the machine is genuine, just the shop in Manchester, UK, (sewingmachinery.com - Braithwaite) claims to be Highlead, want to sell their products and calling everyone else's fake.

They've asked me if instead of Highlead the machine has "Highlead" in chinese characters above the serial number and claimed they sell the UK model which says Highlead in English.

My machine does have the Highlead badge in Chinese as per photos but wondering if that would make any difference.

It does look identical to the one in the showroom so why a badge difference would make any difference?

Any ideas?

I attach photos of my sewing machine.

Thanks

post-31682-017868800 1343204043_thumb.jp

post-31682-091061600 1343204053_thumb.jp

post-31682-078247600 1343204074_thumb.jp

post-31682-028808600 1343204087_thumb.jp

post-31682-000841700 1343204097_thumb.jp

Edited by Yanni

I believe that was has happened is that you purchased your machine from a drop shipper, who received it from China. This means you are not entitled to free support from the authorized UK distributor, whom you bypassed. You may need to contact the person from whom you purchased the machine to see what support they are able to offer to you. Otherwise, you are on your own and must deal with whomever is willing to sell you parts, or supply assistance on a paid basis.

I believe that was has happened is that you purchased your machine from a drop shipper, who received it from China. This means you are not entitled to free support from the authorized UK distributor, whom you bypassed. You may need to contact the person from whom you purchased the machine to see what support they are able to offer to you. Otherwise, you are on your own and must deal with whomever is willing to sell you parts, or supply assistance on a paid basis.

The company I bought it from are very helpful and I have sent it back to them for replacement. I have no problem with support.

As far as I know the "official" highlead vendor in the UK, if really exists and it's not just a big shop with a Highlead sign on it, will not service any machines unless you purchase the machine from them.

This shows me they are not representing Highlead in the UK as it seems to me quite unlikely that Highlead would only allow a single shop to sell UK Highlead models here in England.

I'm really confused with the whole thing. I think my next sewing machine will be second hand, saving the company up to £500 or $720!

Edited by Yanni

Looking at your photos, the name is in Chinese and likely to be for sale in China only.

You have probably purchased what's called a grey import which will not be supported by official channels. Braithwaite sewing www.sewingmachinery.com is the official Highlead suppliers in UK.

Also, in general, sewing machines made for the Chinese market often tend to have cheaper parts fitted i.e. Chinese sewing hook, gears, etc; which is maybe why you are having problems with it jamming.