cac

New Rough Out Association Saddle

I am a new member,long time viewer.I just completed this rig .It is a 16"Timberline Association tree,4 inch cantle,3 1/2"H x 4"finished cap,all leather ground seat,Herman Oak leather.Any critique would be appreciated.post-28807-056811400 1328832046_thumb.jppost-28807-002239800 1328832078_thumb.jp post-28807-078996700 1328832549_thumb.jp

Looks really nice, good job on forming your swell cover nice and clean without a welt. Is this your style of rope strap, or the customer's choice?

I am a new member,long time viewer.I just completed this rig .It is a 16"Timberline Association tree,4 inch cantle,3 1/2"H x 4"finished cap,all leather ground seat,Herman Oak leather.Any critique would be appreciated.post-28807-056811400 1328832046_thumb.jppost-28807-002239800 1328832078_thumb.jp post-28807-078996700 1328832549_thumb.jp

That is gorgeous. I love the curve in the seat, my hinney would fit there so nice, LOL. Cheryl

Looks really nice, good job on forming your swell cover nice and clean without a welt. Is this your style of rope strap, or the customer's choice?

Thanks,The fork cover was the first association that i have done without a welt.The rope strap is my what I do.Learned it in South Texas brush country.Can be easily changed to a different style.It requires no hardware and it is safe.

looks nice to me!

i also like thez style of horn wrap....not the way i ve been taught but i like it!

some intel on how to do it? so i try it on my next horn wrap?

I missed this post the first time around. That's a good looking rig. I agree with Harrington, those swells look good. The only thing I would have done different is put some plugs around the rigging plate to make it blend it better. What part of South Texas you from?

CW

looks nice to me!

i also like thez style of horn wrap....not the way i ve been taught but i like it!

some intel on how to do it? so i try it on my next horn wrap?

Thank you....For the horn wrap start with a piece of wet 4-6 oz elk hide 1 3/4" x 72". Put a split in one end just large enough to fit over the horn . Take it through the hand hole,under the gullet and around the horn clockwise(for a right handed roper). Pull tight as you wrap.tuck the tail through split at back of fork. Really crank down on it with a "chinaman strap". Before trimming the tail,let dry and check for final fit.

I missed this post the first time around. That's a good looking rig. I agree with Harrington, those swells look good. The only thing I would have done different is put some plugs around the rigging plate to make it blend it better. What part of South Texas you from?

CW

Thanks ,I will do the plugs on my next flat plate.Great idea.I worked in Kingsville from 80 to 83.

Nice job. I like puncher rigs. JW

Thanks .Me too.Current rig will be triweave quarter breed.Kind of tricky to run.

Thank you....For the horn wrap start with a piece of wet 4-6 oz elk hide 1 3/4" x 72". Put a split in one end just large enough to fit over the horn . Take it through the hand hole,under the gullet and around the horn clockwise(for a right handed roper). Pull tight as you wrap.tuck the tail through split at back of fork. Really crank down on it with a "chinaman strap". Before trimming the tail,let dry and check for final fit.

thanks a lot for the tip! ;)

Thanks ,I will do the plugs on my next flat plate.Great idea.I worked in Kingsville from 80 to 83.

I was right up the road. I was in Alice 89-91. Just to durn hot for me. Once again that is sure a nice saddle.

CW