Sign in to follow this  
LeatherWerks

Need A Fitting For A Iwb Holster

I have a Crossbreed holster and the belt clips are attached by a screw that threads into a specialty fitting which has a couple of prongs that dig into the leather and hold it secure. I have no idea what they call this fitting, or where I might obtain them. I was at Tandy Leather recently and they had no idea what I was talking about. Does anyone know what these fittings are called and where I might order them from? I'm going to use them on a 1911 IWB holster that I'm making.

Thanks,

Steve

Edited by LeatherWerks

Thanks Bob, I appreciate your response and the fact I can find them locally.

Steve

Okay, I have a line on the T-nuts thanks to Bob, but now I have another question. I want to use 'Pull the Dot' snaps on this holster. I found them at Springfield Leather. So, the pieces are the Cap, the Stud and Socket. What I would like to do is secure the Pull the Dot socket to the T-nut using a small screw. This might actually be the way its done but having never built this type of holster, I just don't know. What I do know is that on line 24 snaps, the screw that would fit inside the socket would have to be fairly small to fit inside and allow the snap to close. Can anyone shed some light on how this is normally done?

Thanks,

Steve