given how black oil dye usaully takes a couple coats to get rid of all the light spots I have forund that its easier to just put my dye in a bucket and dip them. One time and Im done. I havent tried this with the "BROWN" dyes does it work just as well as it does with the black

Thanks Kehl

Dip dyeing is the best way to get an even "full saturation" coloring. The color may vary a little bit from hide to hide, depending on absorption.

Thanks I wasnt sure if the browns would work the same way or not. i hate buying dyes on line that i havent used befroe, I only use oil dyes and have a hard time determining what the actual colr will be in the different shades of brown. the color swatches that they show with them on the sites arent acurate. I understand that given the leather that they all will be somewhat different but getting the ball park color is tought to deyermine looking at them on the computer.

thanks for the info

I'm going to start using vinegaroon for my black, stuff is amazing so far on test pieces, and the color is all through., meaning no touch ups.

'Roon is good stuff, but since it's a chemical reaction, you need to pay attention to what it does to the pH of the leather. Tis is discussed in at least two of the vinegaroon theeads.

My wife had an old beat up cake pan, about 10 by 14, 2 inches deep, . . . I used it once to do some brown leather, . . . got hooked, . . . almost never do it any other way now.

I have a black pan, a brown pan, and a "spare" pan in case I want to do something other than them. I have a belt for a princess I have to do today, it will be pink.

May God bless,

Dwight