I did this pictoral carving a few months ago. I had never tried pictoral or landscape stuff before, so it's a little rough. It's supposed to be a scene from the Ruby Mountains here in Nevada (one of my favorite places). A mountain reflecting off of a lake in the foreground. I am not entirely sure what I want to do with it as far as color goes (or if I even should). I think color might make it look a little better (if I don't completely ruin it). I thought I would share, I am sure many of you have done this type of thing before, and I am hoping I can get some tips on, at the very least, what not to do.

Mark

post-65930-0-03805000-1444231235_thumb.j

What I can make out looks OK to me but the picture is not very clear.

What I can make out looks OK to me but the picture is not very clear.

I'd like to post full resolution, but the 1.48MB limit cuts down on the quality quite a bit.

Mark

The water looks taller than the land. I think you need to bevel the other direction to give the perspective a feel that the water is lower. Some texture on the water would help differentiate it as well.

Thanks colt, I'll give that some thought the next time I try something like that.

Mark