Hello friends.

This is my recent work.

Staining was done with aniline, I was not satisfied with the result.

I wonder how it is done the correct use for dyeing with aniline.

All suggestions and opinions are welcome.

Thank you very much.

pasta sheridan frente.jpg

pasta sheridan fundo.jpg

pasta sheridan lado.jpg

post-8613-126135546693_thumb.jpg

post-8613-126135548634_thumb.jpg

post-8613-126135550754_thumb.jpg

I've never used aniline dyes, so I can't give you any input there. The construction and tooling are both top shelf. Great looking bag that anyone would be proud to own. Did you use a pattern or was it of your own creation? Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Really nice job on the briefcase! Stitching, tooling, everything is very well done. Is it lined? Also curious about what machine you used to sew everything. Looks very good!

Bobby

Very serious work

A superb piece of carving and construction. Good flow on the pattern and well executed. The edging is very nice indeed. It is a masterpiece and something that anyone would be proud to claim as their own. :clapping::thumbsup:

The color would, for myself, be superb.  What did you expect to get in the way of color might be a better start to helping you. My understanding of Aniline dyes is that they are more of a large scales method of coloring an entire prepared side of leather. Might you tell me where you are from so that I may have a better idea as to how to help answer your question.

To demonstrate what I am saying,,,,,if you are not satisfied with this briefcase then I would be more than happy to take it off your hands. Just Email me and I will give you my address. I would even be more than happy to for its shipping. I would also promise that it would find a good home with me. :innocent: 

Storm

I've never used aniline dyes, so I can't give you any input there. The construction and tooling are both top shelf. Great looking bag that anyone would be proud to own. Did you use a pattern or was it of your own creation? Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

This drawing was done by me.

I use as refence works found on the website.

Here in Brazil has learning materials for this work.

The flower I used as reference pictures of a saddle Chester Hape, and the ornaments I used as reference works keith valley.

My intention was qa blue was next to the picture.

Thank you.

saddles Chester Hape - 2.jpg

post-8613-126143622184_thumb.jpg

Really nice job on the briefcase! Stitching, tooling, everything is very well done. Is it lined? Also curious about what machine you used to sew everything. Looks very good!

Bobby

is lined with vaqueta and sewing is done by hand.

Thank you.

I am in Brazil, I live in Ribeirão Preto, in the state, sao paulo

Edited by dlmartemcouro

A superb piece of carving and construction. Good flow on the pattern and well executed. The edging is very nice indeed. It is a masterpiece and something that anyone would be proud to claim as their own. clapping.gifthumbsup.gif

The color would, for myself, be superb. What did you expect to get in the way of color might be a better start to helping you. My understanding of Aniline dyes is that they are more of a large scales method of coloring an entire prepared side of leather. Might you tell me where you are from so that I may have a better idea as to how to help answer your question.

To demonstrate what I am saying,,,,,if you are not satisfied with this briefcase then I would be more than happy to take it off your hands. Just Email me and I will give you my address. I would even be more than happy to for its shipping. I would also promise that it would find a good home with me. innocent.gif

Storm

That is some real nice work. Your hand stitching is real nice and the flow of the pattern is just wonderful.

You really have the tooling down. Thanks for posting the pics. I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

Happy tooling

Tim

That is a great job. I love your hand sewing. It is one of the best I have seen.that would compete with any sewing machine out there.your tooling is great and every thing is balanced .Top Job.Thank you for sharing your work and really look forward to more of it. Please post more pictures. Garynotworthy.gifclapping.gifthankyou.gifthumbsup.gif

Muito obrigado! I thought that you might be from Brazil. Your work is great! So great that I would like to ask a favor. Could you tell us your first name? Poderia dizer-nos o seu primeiro nome? Your site name is not as personal as your real name. The guys are right! Your hand stitching is to be envied! Seu nome do site não é tão pessoal como seu nome real. Os caras estão certos! Seu costura a mão é para ser invejado!

Merry Christmas and welcome to the site. Feliz Natal e boas-vindas ao site.

Pour me a Caipirinha and have a Happy New Year! Deitar-me uma caipirinha e ter um Feliz Ano Novo!

Storm

Really top notch work. Nice replication of the C. Hape's work. The flow is great to the semi-trained eye (me), of course.

Happy Holidays

Muito obrigado! I thought that you might be from Brazil. Your work is great! So great that I would like to ask a favor. Could you tell us your first name? Poderia dizer-nos o seu primeiro nome? Your site name is not as personal as your real name. The guys are right! Your hand stitching is to be envied! Seu nome do site não é tão pessoal como seu nome real. Os caras estão certos! Seu costura a mão é para ser invejado!

Merry Christmas and welcome to the site. Feliz Natal e boas-vindas ao site.

Pour me a Caipirinha and have a Happy New Year! Deitar-me uma caipirinha e ter um Feliz Ano Novo!

Storm

My name is Danilo Melo.

Thank you.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

I have been told by those around me that I do good work. But when I see something like this.....I am awestruck!!! You have set the bar very high. It's funny that when people look at this executive bag, they won't even realize that the hand stitching is probably the most difficult part to make look that clean. YOU ARE a sewing machine because you fooled the experts!! Keep it up!!

Congratulations Danilo !!!!!!

Maybe... Someday.... Ill do something like that... lol

Edited by LuisPaulo

That is trully great work, I love

to see hand stitching work that people cant see is hand stitched. Man is the

greatest and most versatile machine I say.

I will try and answer your

question. Aniline dye and here I thing that you mean, that you used spirit dye.

Spirit dye is designed to be soaked in to the material so that it is colored all

the way thru leather. The problem using it like you did, is that it will run in

to areas were you don’t want it.

If I should give you any advice

is that you try and use a generous amount of neetfootsoil then ably antique

stain to the areas with a brush if you are really fanatical about perfection.

You can also rub the stain in with a cloth on the entire area and use a clean

damp cloth to remove the stain on the high points. This will give a dry brush

effect.

But do try both methods and some

scrap before you play around on a masterpiece like that.